Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Printer/Printing thread

It's been pretty good. Detail is crazy insane. I've bought a heater and thermostat to keep temperatures constant.

Nice! Those are some amazing results you're getting.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Default Adventures in 3D Printing

So this year work got a 3d printer. Have to say, it's one of the best things we've ever bought!

One of my first order's of business was to give poor Battleslash and Roadtrap some accessories! Credit to CrazyNerd on Thingiverse for the model.

Continuing to trawl Thingiverse I printed a sniper rifle by firetox for Netflix Elita-1.

My next mission was to give some better armaments to Titans Return Sixshot. Credit to lechuckgl for the model. This project also represents my first foray into creating my own models as the rifle 'infill' pieces I found on Thingiverse didn't work at all. So the rifle infills pictured are 100% my own design baby! Sixshot now has some real cannons.

Ok so I lied, my first foray into original models was actually developing a weapons system for the Core Class figures who have 3mm ports. The idea was the handle would be a universal 5mm and 3mm compatible peg which would then modularly plug into a variety of weapon pieces like a sword, axe or pistol. The models are embarassingly bad as seen below.

After that disaster it took me a while to dare to model again. I recently picked up Pounce and Wingspan off Amazon was and was quite offended by their lack of accoutrements. Quite inspired by what I saw on Shapeways, these are not G1 replicas but I'm quite proud of them anyway. Less proud of the quality of my photography. There is quite a bit of sculpted detail that is washed out by the white.

I hope to throw up my half decent models onto Thingiverse one day. But if anyone wants the Sixshot infills or Pounce&Wingspan accessories I am happy to send stl's over.

Those are some nice prints, Lint! What machine are you using?

^Thanks! It's a Raise3D E2

I made a calibration file to help with setting up resin printers. You need calipers to use it. Download it at Thingiverse.

Nice! But getting 404 error fron Thingiverse.

It should work now. I just joined so I had to wait for verification.

Printed 1/7 scale Psylocke to use up some expired resin. I found the file at CGTrader.

That looks great!

Did you order a Sonic Mini printer?