Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 142152157158159160161162163164165166167 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1679

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

last week i got DX9's dragstrip and now one of my 3p menasors is completed, and it really really looks great.

Yes I got my Drag Strip too and Menasor is complete. Really happy with it, other than the connection for wildrider and Montana's tail fin being loose. Much better value for $ than X transbots and who knows when Fans Toys will finish theirs, if it will be stable and how much it will cost.

Got JJ-02 Jet Commander today.

First impressions are that, for the price of a leader, this is a great set! It's essentially a Masterpiece scaled Superion. The individual figures are all loosely based on their Combiner Wars counterparts, but are MP scaled and with a few more complex twists to the engineering.

It's only MP scaled though, not MP quality. No transparent cockpits, no rolling landing gear, and the CW style chonky, slightly chibi jet modes offset the price to an extent.

If you're after an MP Superion stand-in, or just a fun set to mess around with, these are well worth the $100 ish I paid,
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

I got Dr Egg (Quintesson) and a rechargable battery...a little pricey but really fun with the voices/light-up gimmick and cool looking. However a bit unsure about X-Transbots these days as I'm hearing so many QC issues with their Stunticons and their recent missteps regarding pricing and expectations...

Regarding their pricing issue, yea not great. Haven't had any QC issues of late. Hesitant to order their omnibots, but may anyway.

Yeah the Omnibots look great, but their Springer rollout has been a debacle. So different from renders to near to final figure. I'm going Fanstoys or MMC for Springer now.

My only recent acquisition was the final set for Iron Factory's War Giant combiner. I very nearly sold the first two sets, but once I finally found the last one on eBay I was able to complete it.

An amazing toy. Combines together extremely well, and looks hench AF. The only downside is now I'm going to end up getting more Iron Factory!

Quote Originally Posted by lukematthewsutton View Post
    My only recent acquisition was the final set for Iron Factory's War Giant combiner. I very nearly sold the first two sets, but once I finally found the last one on eBay I was able to complete it.

An amazing toy. Combines together extremely well, and looks hench AF. The only downside is now I'm going to end up getting more Iron Factory!
    It's a really good set. I'm hesitant to play with mine now because I've heard that the waist/crunch joint on Blastoff is fragile, but it looks bloody imposing.

I'm hesitant to play with mine now because I've heard that the waist/crunch joint on Blastoff is fragile
    Oh! I hadn't heard that. I might have a look at it and see if it's looking strained.

Have you got the DJD combiner set? Since getting war giant, I've been considering that as my next wee combiner.

Quote Originally Posted by lukematthewsutton View Post
    Oh! I hadn't heard that. I might have a look at it and see if it's looking strained.

Have you got the DJD combiner set? Since getting war giant, I've been considering that as my next wee combiner.
    I don't have any of their other stuff, but do have their new Ultra Magnus on pre order with OhMyPrimus. That has a sort of faux armour power up gimmick, though as I've come to see in reviews it plays out more as the little robot scrunching up into a ball and hiding in the big bots chest.