Page 29 of 168 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

I plan to paint mine. It doesn't need that much paint to get the 'Whirl' look happening.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Thanks Hursti, I do believe that you can also apply this kit to DoTM Vortex. Don't really know if he is sky blue will find out soon though as I have ordered one online. But would make a pretty sweet Whirl if it was.
    Vortex is gray mostly with purple and bluegreen highlights here and there, kinda like his g1 color scheme.

HmmmI forgot to post the stuff ive been getting lately here so here it is

FP Warbot assaulter and FP Function X-1

The plane mode is sweet as, but really heavy.

Imitating Prime on Fortress

The Carrier mode is really heavy... as Giant found out...
    Last edited by liegeprime; 24th February 2013 at 04:02 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Nice Pics Liege!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    finally got my Drone together today and he looks pretty cool , only thing is that when i checked the packaging for him it said that the head is loose fitting so you have to use a bit of glue or nail polish to correct it. i used the glue and it has turned out fine, but i would have thought that it would have been a tight fit to start with. other than that it is a sweet looking TF overall, especially like the guns which are chromed up. so here is the pic.

Now I get the complaints about this guy. Originally the skis seemed to stay on fairly secure but with some effort. However after a couple of tries, the skis now refuse to stay on and I had to become a bit more creative.

Still a nice kit that does indeed convert the toy into Whirl despite the flaws but you have to forgive the base mold colors (and flaws) and the new flaws that come with the kit such as the skis. The price tag is also something to consider as it is a rather simplistic kit. There is also the lack of accurate character color inherited from the base mold. I plan to paint mine at some stage.

If you can forgive those things, then it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

The Carrier mode is really heavy... as Giant found out...
    That was a terrible episode But I wanted to re-enact it when I get my Assaulter too Nice pics!

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Arrow Demolition Crue

these badboys arrived today! addition to my generations wreckers

Seeing some awesome pics in this thread, especially loving the ones of Assaulter and the different combiners.
    Consider my appetite for 3rd party figures officially moistened.
    Now the only question is what to get first, lol.

Quick question, for the figures that the only choice is ebay, what are some things to look out for in regards for potential knock offs?
    Like I heard Fansproject Insects were KO'd, so would this be one of them- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261175755241
    Sorry if there is another place I should ask...

I would suggest get assaulter and the Demolition crew, while they're newly available and still cheap - BBTS has them in stock. The older figures would be harder to find and since it's not anymore in production would be more pricy anywhere you look for em. Another site you could look for is www.chimungmung.com which sells originals and KO and 3rd party stuff so at least you could be aware if its a 3rd party that's been KOed since they list it as it is, a KO or an original
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Last edited by Deceptic_Optic; 26th February 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Seeing some awesome pics in this thread, especially loving the ones of Assaulter and the different combiners.
    Consider my appetite for 3rd party figures officially moistened.
    Now the only question is what to get first, lol.

Quick question, for the figures that the only choice is ebay, what are some things to look out for in regards for potential knock offs?
    Like I heard Fansproject Insects were KO'd, so would this be one of them- http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261175755241
    Sorry if there is another place I should ask...
    I don't believe that link contains a KO. The KO Fansproject Insecticons were apparently of a pretty high grade. The only way to tell the not-Insecticons apart were the paint aps on the head and also if you look at the packaging box, the real McCoy has a tiny "R" in a small box located on the bottom right hand side of the front whereas the KO has a blank box. I got my not-Insecticons off RK and it looks like they've still got one of them stocked, and going for cheaper than the eBay link. And there's always our friendly member's sales thread, looks like gamblor916 has both sets for sale!

A few other moulds known to have been KO'ed:
    * Fansproject City Commander + colour variants
    * Fansproject Protector + colour variants
    * Maketoys Battle Tanker, original colour and in SG colour variants

There was also some talk of a KO Maketoys Green Giant, but it seemed to have fizzled.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I would suggest get assaulter and the Demolition crew, while they're newly available and still cheap - BBTS has them in stock. The older figures would be harder to find and since it's not anymore in production would be more pricy anywhere you look for em. Another site you could look for is www.chimungmung.com which sells originals and KO and 3rd party stuff so at least you could be aware if its a 3rd party that's been KOed since they list it as it is, a KO or an original
    I'll agree with liege, and also add that the newer stuff are harder to KO. KO's in the past has usually popped up on the market several weeks/months after initial release. However it's been a while since I've heard of any KO's from the major players (Fansproject, Maketoys, Mastermind Creations, etc).

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!