Page 36 of 168 FirstFirst ... 162631323334353637383940414656 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Any good? Worth the money?
    I like it but not worth the $30. Much more like legend class but fits in with the masterpiece cassettes well. Comes with red cassette case
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    They are pretty much sold out everywhere. You may be lucky enough to find an obscure online shop with one, but more than likely you'll have to resort to eBay. And the price isn't going down that's for sure.

Oh, just remembered. It may be easier (and cheaper) to pick up a yellow version. Just remember that their are some differences between the 2.
    which one would people recommend between Green Giant 61 and Hercules (quality/size/price etc) and why?
    Spiderken Away!

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    which one would people recommend between Green Giant 61 and Hercules (quality/size/price etc) and why?
    I went with Giant for a few reasons:
    • Gestalt size - Giant is a bit smaller than Hercules, which is good because I have very limited display space. I'm using one of those cubey things Expedit shelves from Ikea and Giant only just squeezes in.
    • Aesthetic - I prefer the look of Giant and his individual bots over the TFC version. Maketoys' bots have more intricate transformations and I think are closer to the original toys than TFC's
    • Price - Giant was about $100 cheaper than Herc, excluding the 'Rage' addon kit. This may have changed now that Giant's out of production, and complete Herc sets including 'Rage' have been getting cheaper.
    • Giant's individual bots have ankle tilt! A minor reason, perhaps, but for bots the size of TFC's not to have ankle tilts is a pretty omission.

Quality-wise, I've heard that Herc's plastic is a little softer, which leads to some mushy detailing. Also I think Herc's shoulder joint ratchets can weaken over time. Giant's plastic is a bit harder, but that makes some of his bits very tough to peg together. My fingers were pretty sore after transforming him the first time. The plastic also tends to deform suddenly if you apply too much pressure, as I found out. Nothing to be overly concerned about, but just be aware that there's very little flex there and be careful not to twist things the wrong way.

Have a hunt on YouTube for some Giant vs. Herc comparisons, being able to see the bots and gestalt side by side really helped me make up my mind. Each camp has merits so you'll almost certainly be happy whichever way you go.

Yeah I'll echo what Iriorne has said, both sets have thier plus and minuses. At the end, have a look your self and see which 'style' appeals to you more.

I personally went with Giant as I like it's aesthetic looks better (feels more 'Classics' than Hercules) plus the robot designs were also more appealing both aesthetically and engineering wise.

Carcrash and T bone

HardBone

Energon cubes ala Detolf hehehe

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

i couldn't find a thread for 3rd party questions so I'll put it here. Does the Fansproject Bruticus utilise existing Hasbro/Takara transformers? I only ever see reference to Explorer and Munitioner. Could someone enlighten me please?
    Spiderken Away!

i couldn't find a thread for 3rd party questions so I'll put it here. Does the Fansproject Bruticus utilise existing Hasbro/Takara transformers? I only ever see reference to Explorer and Munitioner. Could someone enlighten me please?
    The fansproject Bruticus guys are just Swindle and Blastoff (Munitioner and Explorer respectively) which combines with Energon, ROTF or United Bruticus (yes the big ugly one), replacing 2 of the members and adding new parts.

It's quite hard to believe that they could make a not-so great figure into what is that Masterpiece-like god.
    If I had the funds I'd pick the energon or ROTF ones and the crossfire sets.

Basically, you need ROTF/Energon/United as well as the sets. If you can afford it, I'd go for it.

In answer, yes. You need the main bruticus mold that came out in Energon, re-released under rotf or the new Asia exclusive. All are different in colours, but would all look fine with the fansproject figures. The bruticus I got was rotf version. Looks great with the fansproject addition.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post

Received the Junkion headmasters of Megatron, Ultra Magnus and Blaster today.
    I plan to use one in a custom and the other two with Fortress Maximus and/or Metroplex when I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Maketoys' Green Giant was going for $360 cheapest. Not sure if you can still get a good price elsewhere, but forum member Gasaraki recently obtained one from ehobbybaseshop.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    They are pretty much sold out everywhere. You may be lucky enough to find an obscure online shop with one, but more than likely you'll have to resort to eBay. And the price isn't going down that's for sure.

Oh, just remembered. It may be easier (and cheaper) to pick up a yellow version. Just remember that their are some differences between the 2.
    Thanks, i figured i should just jump in and get one so i searched some classifieds and managed to pick up Green Giant 61 from about an hour away from home for $380. I'm pretty happy with that considering i only found out what it was a week ago.
    I had a busy weekend so only managed to transform them into their individual robots, tomorrow i will make them into Devastator.....sorry, i mean Green Giant 61.

I'm pretty happy with him for my first 3rd party Transformer. The quality is good. I am now researching other 3rd Party stuff so everyone be prepared for many questions to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The fansproject Bruticus guys are just Swindle and Blastoff (Munitioner and Explorer respectively) which combines with Energon, ROTF or United Bruticus (yes the big ugly one), replacing 2 of the members and adding new parts.

It's quite hard to believe that they could make a not-so great figure into what is that Masterpiece-like god.
    If I had the funds I'd pick the energon or ROTF ones and the crossfire sets.

Basically, you need ROTF/Energon/United as well as the sets. If you can afford it, I'd go for it.
    I am actually not that big a fan of that particular Bruticus. It kinda looks like a bare robot with some vehicles stuck on as an afterthought. I like the cohesiveness of Green Giant61, Hercules, Feral Rex and the like.
    Spiderken Away!