Page 38 of 168 FirstFirst ... 182833343536373839404142434858 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

What Soundwave is that?

Also, is BBTS where most people get their stuff? They seem noticably cheaper than other places. Being in the US i assume their postage costs are quite high.
    Spiderken Away!

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think the big draw with BBTS is the pile of loot system which allows you to combine shipping. Shipping is reasonably competitive for larger orders, somewhere in the region of 15% of order value, depending on what you order.

There's quite a bit of discussion here: http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=15184

BBTS works well if you're patient and can wait a few months to build up a pile before shipping, otherwise you're probably better off going with the Asian sellers as the postage costs for individual items will be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    What Soundwave is that?
    It's spark blue Music Label Soundwave with some stickers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's spark blue Music Label Soundwave with some stickers on it.
    Never seen him before, he looks awesome :O

Question. if i get stuff from BBTS can i get them to hold the things that are already in to wait for the stuff still to be released?
    Basically i want the 4 not stunticons but don'e want to be hit with postage twice or 3 times depending on the release of the 4th one.
    Spiderken Away!

Question. if i get stuff from BBTS can i get them to hold the things that are already in to wait for the stuff still to be released?
    Basically i want the 4 not stunticons but don'e want to be hit with postage twice or 3 times depending on the release of the 4th one.
    That's exactly what the Pile of Loot system is for. To into your account settings and make sure Pile of Loot is turned on. Then when you buy something, it will automatically add it to your pile. The same with a preorder, when it comes in it will be added to your pile. And so on and so forth.

When you are ready to ship it, you click 'ship my loot' and away it goes.

Then he while process starts again. BBTS have a section in their FAQ about the PoL system here. Might be worth a look.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Awesome. thanks mate, also, which mailing option do most people use on BBTS?
    Last edited by spiderken17; 24th May 2013 at 08:53 PM.
    Spiderken Away!

Well, they will give a few choices which you can tick off, but, if your pile of loot reaches a certain weight in total they upgrade you anyways to the more expensive one - which has tracking numbers and sign in for receiving. This way it protects both parties. So if you just keep piling up your lootonce it does reach a certain weight youll get the upgrade. They will still charge you postage amount every time you buy from them but in the end the total charge for your entire loot would still be cheap as.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If you're building up more than a couple hundred dollars, you'll probably find UPS (courier) to be both the cheaper and faster option.

Have a play around and get a feel for it. Just add some items to your cart, view cart then choose 'view shipping rates'. The UPS costs will start off relatively high, but they scale much better than USPS for larger quantities.

As an alternative to BBTS (which i use quite frequently(, TFSource have order stacking and HLJ have a private warehouse
    Have a look around for future reference