Page 99 of 168 FirstFirst ... 7989949596979899100101102103104109119 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Couldn't agree more, and so happy I opened him after Transistor (Blaster). I mean, I was stoked with Transistor. But Soar..... OMG!

Also got the limited edition G1 coloured Mania King for Xmas. Loving that laser pointer!
    I missed out on the first round Transistor, although Tony advised he should have plenty of stock, I guess I missed it! I did however order the second round one. Looking forward to getting it, hopefully before I go to Bali and Singapore in early Feb.

MMC Tigris and Talon (way bigger than I was expecting), plus two sets of the G1-style guns arrived courtsey of TFSource today. The rest of the the team will be coming from PlanetSteelExpress sometime in March/April, though with MMCs track record that'll probably be May/June. Not that I mind waiting, Rex is kind of a grail for me.

Coincidentally, my Tigris came with the yellow faceplate, which personally I don't need. If anyone wants a cartoon-accurate not-Rampage faceplate (and/or a set of Leo Dux shoulder cannons from the G1-style Heisenberg set) I'll be back in Oz this July/August and I'd be up for a trade if anyone has any of the other accessories I'm after.

Soar for me today. Excellent figure in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    Yeah, I'm a bit late to this party, but thats because I'm especially fussy about my 3P purchases.
    But this thing is freakin rad. Uber badass.
    Barely had a chance to muck with it much though...
    That's pretty cool. I always liked this original design - the right amount of PCC blockiness. You can't go wrong with MakeToys (unless you're collecting all their Battle Tanker variants, then you'll go broke).

Unfortunately, this is low on my priority list with so much FP stuff coming out this year, and also the pretty cool stuff from Play With This Too.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Got these today, only opened not-steeljaw and played with it a few mins, didnt see how to lock it in but not really impressed so far. We'll see later

My first 3rd party figure in years - I think the last ones I bought were the Justitoys WST Dinobots. Waiting on clear-backed Autobot stickers from Reprolabels since I didn't really fancy the ones supplied by Chimungmung.

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Got these today, only opened not-steeljaw and played with it a few mins, didnt see how to lock it in but not really impressed so far. We'll see later
    KFC's earlier work wasn't so good. Only recently have they turned it around with Citizen Stack and Transistor.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Default Transistor?

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post

How's Transistor? What's with the trumpet thingys?;Where's it from Chimungmung?

Quote Originally Posted by Pig's_A_King View Post
    What's with the trumpet thingys?
    He used them in a battle against Soundwave

soar, with brawny and backland, their quint journal, and some solid hand pieces for my quakewave