Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2121718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: May Materials

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    2006. I've never been a huge fan of this toy personally. Red Bumblebee =/= Cliffjumper.
    I like that their transformation is the same, but would've liked a little individuality in the moulds to differentiate them. Best I've managed is popping off Bumblebee's spoiler and will now be looking for an alternate, G1'esque head for Cliffjumper... that'll be enough to satisfy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    I like that their transformation is the same, but would've liked a little individuality in the moulds to differentiate them. Best I've managed is popping off Bumblebee's spoiler and will now be looking for an alternate, G1'esque head for Cliffjumper... that'll be enough to satisfy me.
    Beezleboss Devil Horns Upgrade

Expensive head but looks great
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    I can overlook having the same body/alt mode - but at very least a different head would make a world of difference. And the annoying thing was that it took HasTak a long time to figure this out - they just kept on repainting Bumblebee and calling it Cliffjumper, e.g. Movie Cliffjumper, Ti Series Cliffjumper, RH Cliffjumper, Henkei Cliffjumper... gah!! Eventually they did work it and started giving us Cliffjumpers with new heads, e.g. Animated, Alternity, Generations. But that period when we kept on getting red Bumblebees being passed off as Bumblebee was frustrating to say the least. I really love the Transformers Prime Cliffjumpers; none of them are repaints or retools of Bumblebee!

As for head swapping -- I replaced the head of my Classics Cliffjumper with Generations Cliffjumper ($25). Generations Cliffjumper looks ridiculous with Classics Cliffjumper's head, but I just keep him in vehicle mode. I pretty much just got the toy so I could do the headswap for Classics Cliffy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I*snip*
    As for head swapping -- I replaced the head of my Classics Cliffjumper with Generations Cliffjumper ($25). Generations Cliffjumper looks ridiculous with Classics Cliffjumper's head, but I just keep him in vehicle mode. I pretty much just got the toy so I could do the headswap for Classics Cliffy.

wow those head swaps look terrible...glad i deided not to swap mine out. they dont look like they match at all.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I don't mind the look of Gen. Cliffjumper's head on CLA Cliffjumper's body - sure, the red is darker, but I don't think it looks bad. But the CLA Cliffjumper's head on Gen. Cliffjumper's body does look really silly. Also, it doesn't fit into the vehicle mode when you transform. So I've just put CLA Cliffjumper's head into storage and keep Gen. Cliffjumper in vehicle mode. I pretty much paid $25 to get Gen. Cliffjumper so that I could put his head onto CLA Cliffjumper's body; an arguably cheaper alternative to paying for an unlicensed kit... not that it would've been an option for me as I have a personal policy against purchasing unlicensed toy products. So for anyone looking for a "legitimate" (for lack of better word) and possibly cheaper option of a head swap, I'd recommend Gen. Cliffjumper.

Given the choice between paying $51 (incl. postage) for an unlicensed head and pair of guns vs. hopping over to TRU and paying $25 for Generations Cliffjumper where I get an entire action figure that I can swap the head (and give Gen. Cliffjumper's gun to CLA Cliffjumper) -- I'll take Gen. Cliffy.

uteiki is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Received Botcon Junkions from Captured Prey this week. 1st time I bought from there.
    I must say they have pretty good serivce and for 1st class international postage arrived in 1.5 weeks. very fast.

Grabbed a few bargains:
    DotM Laserbeak, DotM Topspin (to cannibalise the weapons for PRiDE Arcee), and Galaxy Force Nitro Convoy.

these arrived today

Today's acquisitions:

Image gone

Last edited by Trent; 26th March 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uteiki View Post
    Received Botcon Junkions from Captured Prey this week. 1st time I bought from there.
    I must say they have pretty good serivce and for 1st class international postage arrived in 1.5 weeks. very fast.
    postage cst wise are they "friendlier" ?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]