Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Review: Transformers Regeneration One

I agree with you Griffin about the writers being in a no win situation, and Furman doubly so since it is a continuation of Gen 1. However I don't feel this is the issue with his writing since starting regen.

It's more that I feel I have read it before, and it was by him so it feels almost exactly the same. The characters of Grimlock, Scorponok, Prime and others seems okay and ties in mostly well with what we were dealt with in the US Marvel run, it's the actual plot and the blow by blow of the story that feels samey.

It's like he used all his cool G1 stories in things like the spotlights and maximum dinobots and then didn't tweak them enough for regen.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

...so if this is meant to be a continuation of the G1 US comics, rejecting the UK expansion... so how come AUNTIE exists (existed)??

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...so if this is meant to be a continuation of the G1 US comics, rejecting the UK expansion... so how come AUNTIE exists (existed)??
    Nothing in the US comics contradicts Aunty - why shouldn't she exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    "Arc 2" is complete and Regeneration One halfway over. And I'm not disappointed by that fact. This is not the comic I was waiting 20 years for.

I'm not sure what IDW was thinking have two comics come out on the same day that both feature Grimlock fighting Scorponok.
    Yeah, while I love them fighting, I read ReGen 90 and Monstrosity 4 on the same day - it was really weird!

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    I agree with you Griffin about the writers being in a no win situation, and Furman doubly so since it is a continuation of Gen 1. However I don't feel this is the issue with his writing since starting regen.

It's more that I feel I have read it before, and it was by him so it feels almost exactly the same. The characters of Grimlock, Scorponok, Prime and others seems okay and ties in mostly well with what we were dealt with in the US Marvel run, it's the actual plot and the blow by blow of the story that feels samey.
    Agree, I just read 90. I've only read about half of the original comics but this just felt like 'been there, done that'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Nothing in the US comics contradicts Aunty - why shouldn't she exist?
    Well that's pretty much the core point the UK comics, isn't it? With a few notable exceptions such as the Earthforce Saga, most of the events in the UK comics don't contradict with events in the US comics as they were originally intended to be in the same continuity. It just seems a bit odd that Furman is now choosing to disregard certain elements from the UK comics, like the Time Wars, but yet choose to keep other elements like Aunty. There's nothing about it that contradicts continuity... but it just seems odd to me that Furman would 'haphazardly' select certain elements of the UK continuity to keep and others to wantonly discard.

#91 was an improvement - hopefully the final run to #100 will be old school and stellar. And Eugenesis Plaza was a nice tribute.

So while I cannot say the "twist" at the end of #91 was a complete surprise, it was nice to see it happen. This issue was a lengthier read, a good "reset" issue after the anticlimatic last few issues. I guess the whole Scorpy-Grimlock thing needed to happen to setup their triumphant return in #99 or something, but it wasted 5 issues we could've used to get to this "new" story.

Seems like Furman can only rehash his post G1 stories, lets hope this new new one is better than ReGen1 Maximum Dinobots.

I enjoyed 92. It is still not a patch on MtMtE, but one of the better regen issues.

Take away the Prime and Hoteod stuff which was purely there to pad out the mostly self contained story and it was good. The deceptions never felt like much of a threat, but it is explained why such a small party was sent anyway. The final page was glorious and a fitting end for Wildman to leave the series.

Furman has taken his time getting back into the stride of generation 1, but it bodes well for the last 8 issues and the side issue.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I really enjoyed #92.

My favourite issue so far, and a really solid issue overall.

Absolutely love the RI cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I really enjoyed #92.

My favourite issue so far, and a really solid issue overall.

Absolutely love the RI cover.
    i think the RI covers on all the issues are the best, i would like idw to release the whole set as enlarged prints in a slipcase format with and autograph or three
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy