Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Comic Review: Transformers Regeneration One

Marvel Universe becomes the IDW Dead Universe? Instant reaction was interesting idea, but on further thought the Dead Universe was around 7 million years ago so, shifting timescales aside it doesn't really work.

I still expect some sort of cosmic reset button but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Marvel Universe becomes the IDW Dead Universe? Instant reaction was interesting idea, but on further thought the Dead Universe was around 7 million years ago so, shifting timescales aside it doesn't really work.

I still expect some sort of cosmic reset button but we'll see.
    I never saw the Marvel and IDW universes running parallel, but rather one ends and then the next begins. The Marvel universe 'dies', the Guiding Hand (Underbase) creates the IDW universe and on we go, with the Marvel Universe remaining as the empty 'Dead' Universe.

But you're right -- there is a big reset button-mashing coming up.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I never saw the Marvel and IDW universes running parallel, but rather one ends and then the next begins. The Marvel universe 'dies', the Guiding Hand (Underbase) creates the IDW universe and on we go, with the Marvel Universe remaining as the empty 'Dead' Universe.
    The collection of Hot Rods from many dimensions (issue 0 i think?) suggests they are all parallel.

This is all I want to see in #100...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The collection of Hot Rods from many dimensions (issue 0 i think?) suggests they are all parallel.
    Perhaps, but 'Primus' took Hot Rod to see Galvatron kill the Rodimus Prime of another universe, which we could assume happened at another time, as that Galvatron might be the time-travelling one now seen in ReGen1 (or something), which would mean they're not running parallel.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    This is all I want to see in #100...
    Or I would be happy with this...

So, that's done now. Nice special features in this, a more effective goodbye from the creators than Furman's essay in #80. Some nice pages from Geoff Senior and maybe it's the because of the break, but Wildman's pages where better than I expected.

But the story? Well I would like someone to explain a couple of pages to me that I thought made no sense. And why do I feel like Furman is giving the finger to other creators and being selfish? The more I think about the comic I just read the more I dislike it.

Well it's over now. The final issue didn't resolve any of my previous complaints about this series. I won't be wishing for a #101.

I've written much more, mostly complaints, that I need to sharpen up into sentences before I post. I do look forward to seeing if other people thought of the ending (to see if it's "just me or...").

I'm not going to lie - I was a little underwhelmed.

The issue certainly rocketed along at a cracking pace, but to the extent where the deaths of Galvatron and Fort Max just sort of happen and are done in a panel or two.

So does Rodimus from the main IDW-universe remember his little trip into Zero Space? And the others? And how did they get home if the crack closed? In fact, how did anyone get out if they closed it from the inside? Are they confining the dark energy monster to the zero space or to that universe which is now disconnected from the rest of the ultiverse?

Why deliver Rodimus the weapons to destroy you in the first place, monster? Why did you need a Matrix, monster?

It'll take a couple more readings, but it was a less than exciting outcome.

That was horrible.

I get that ending this beast would always be difficult, and likely the ending would never be pleasing, that is the nature of the end, but that was truly awful

Blaming the monster (what the hell even is it?) for everything that had happened felt cheap. The deaths of Galvatron and Fort Max were underwhelming and had no energy to them. I thought for a few pages that Animated Rodimus was the star (or some other multiverse version) due to the weird art shift.

I could barely follow it, I have no idea how everyone but a Rodimus left zero space, or what went on at the end, I'm confused and it sounds stupid, but I feel cheated that this is how the 100+ issue comic ends. I had hopes (not high) for regen and it completely failed to deliver in any of the 21.5 issues it had to recapture the feel and scope of the original.

Came back with a whimper, died with a whisper.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)