Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Classics Voyagers at Myer for cheap

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Hey..what happened to my picture of the Classic Voyager sale in Myer?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    I noticed that one of my attachments (the Universe Springer pic in the Springer thread) evaporated as well
    I'm pretty sure that was Griffin's doing for the greater good...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It took that long the first couple of attempts, but I'm getting faster at the backing-up and upload attempts now, so that it only takes about half an hour with each attempt.
    Just as an update, I have to wait until monday to ask the server host if there is some admin setting preventing me from creating tables within the database.
    After I found away around their upload size limit (by deleting half of the attachments file and then gzipping the backup copy), it won't accept it (after it spends 10-15minutes uploading it of course), or even a fresh instillation that would generate all new blank tables.
    So lets see.... I signed up to the new server host wednesday, get blocked from accessing it thursday, can't upload the backup file friday because the board runs at 45Mb and the upload limit set by the server host is 10.5Mb, then today when I figure out a way around that, I find that a gzipped file of 7.5Mb isn't being accepted because (I think) the server host settings are preventing it.
    It seems that every time I resolve one problem, another one appears, to stop me from doing what I want to do. Nothing ever seems to go according to plan.

Monday, I'm going to hand over the problem (and files) to the server host, and if they can't make the board work on their server either, I guess I go server hunting again. At least this one came with a money-back guarantee. Pity I can't get a 'time-back' guarantee...

something's spooky...it's back on again and now there's 2 similar pics...
    super weird

I deleted several attachments, but made copies of the most recent ones to repost once the board was relocated. I have returned half a dozen of those attachments already (ones that were posted in the last few days), and will return the rest as soon as the board is relocated.
    Sorry about that. I was hoping that I would have the board relocated and pictures returned without anyone noticing.

*giggles* ahh its okay.....if we know what happened :P
    thought the board has gone wonky again

I guess that means the attachments are stored as binary data in the database? If so, that would greatly explain your 40MB database. Perhaps that "feature" should be disabled in future incarnations. People can use imageshack or flickr easily enough.

+1