Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classics Optimus Prime vs Megatron Boxset

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post
    Maybe I should just skimp on the Classics altogther, they never really struck me as top quality anyway. I was just hoping to get something to go with Takara's Megatron redeco, if I decide to get him at all that is.
    By strict definition, the two figures we're discussing aren't Classics any more than in packaging design. I agree that the Classics Voyager Prime's alt mode is a bit weird (it does grow on you), but I think the robot mode is awesome. Extremely articulate and well proportioned. Plus, I find the transformation to be a bit fun.

The two-pack Prime would look a bit small next to the Voyager Megatron. The two toys in the two-pack are deluxe size and of a lesser quality in general than the other deluxes that were in the Classics line.

Hmm... This gives me much to think about... Maybe I'll just get both Takara's Prime and Megs to make things easy. The Alt mode for Prime won't matter too much anyway I guess, he'll stay in robot mode for most of his life.

EDIT: Well, I just did a direct comparison between Hasbro and Takara's Prime, and now it's more likely that I'll nab him and Megs. Takara's versions look so much better than Hasbro's IMO.
    Last edited by Adzma; 9th January 2008 at 05:43 PM.

If you're still interested in the two pack I found one at K-Mart. It is $60 though.

Nah I'm good. Thanks for the offer though.

Hmm I'll keep an eye on that one, but it seems most, if not all people on this board think these figures suck, so I probably won't end up bidding on it. Thanks for the find though.

Are you coming to the Melbourne meet this Sunday? If you are, someone might be able to bring them so you can see for yourself. If you want, I can even drop them off with Jaydisc even though I can't make Sunday so you can check them out.

It's no hassle, really, b/c Jaydisc wants to checkout my JRX too so I was going to drop by sometime when we're both free so he could check it out.

I wouldn't mind going to the meet, but if it's a Sunday I may have to work. I'll be able to find out tomorrow (hopefully).

optimus is bad. plastic quality sucks.
    Megatron is bad, just doesn't feel right. Paint quality sucks.
    Overall. DO NOT BUY.