Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a Knock Off? (post here for help)

Quote Originally Posted by WeallscreamforStarscream View Post
    So if it actually says KO version or edition on the eBay listing... It means its a Knock Off?

Sounds dumb but I'm a bit of a newbie to purchasing off eBay.
    Correct.
    Also be wary of the term reissue. Although Hasbro & Takara have both produced legitimate reissues, KO companies are also using the term to promote their items. It wouldn't hurt to pay highendtfs.com a visit too

Cheers guys!

I just purchased (what says and looks like MP box pics and all) Frenzy and Buzzsaw off eBay. Paid $30 delivered so no biggie if they end up crap. But I'll let yas know what the deal is when I get em!

The words KO version were in the description.

Yep, that would've been a knockoff. There was a KO done of those 2 MP cassettes recently.

Are they really bad? All they're gonna do is stand next to my soundwave ceramic moulded statue.

Not sure about their quality. But they may still display nice.

WeallscreamforStarscream, some KO's are kinda alright, I have owned some and they have been very shotty, I had a KO Ruination and Red Defensor which, broke after an hour of just combining them, though I have a KO City Commander which is very nice, granted it has a lot of flaws.

I'm not gonna say avoid KO's, since some are decent quality, and are good if you want the figure to display, and don't have the funds and well, as far as I know, if you want a generations Sunstorm, you gotta go with KO.

All in all, you shouldn't be spending large amounts on KO versions. I'm sure some people here will debunk my support to some KO products, and that's fine, we all have our opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by miles_prower View Post
    .. as far as I know, if you want a generations Sunstorm, you gotta go with KO.
    Sunstorm was available at this years Botcon as part of a three-pack with Bitstream and Hotlink. He's also being sold individually on sites such as eBay

Thanks Miles! I don't think i would by anything bigger than soundwaves minions as KO's. they'll be there for display and the occasional re-posing on a monthly basis

But I guess, if anything pops up cheap ya gott question it!