Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Is this a Knock Off? (post here for help)

Just out of interest, eBay has a refund policy where if you can prove something is fake the will refund, but it usually requires an "authority" to provide some kind of documentation. Other than Hasbro (unlikely), would there be any other ways to "prove" that a TF is a knockoff for the purpose of claiming a refund from eBay?

Not so much an authority but a reference highendtfs.com is a big help.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Not so much an authority but a reference highendtfs.com is a big help.
    Yeah, I've used to to identify KOs, but unfortunately eBay wants some kind of official documentation like a letter or something. Thanks anyway.

So, just bought a G1 Wheeljack and the bot and launchers seem legit. But I'm a little unsure about the missile it came with. They have the sprue marks on the base of the missile, and a "circle" indent on the bottom of the shaft of the missile. I've checked highendtfs, and it looks like the "circle" indents mean they are KO missiles? Is that correct? Or do the vintage ones have them too?

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    So, just bought a G1 Wheeljack and the bot and launchers seem legit. But I'm a little unsure about the missile it came with. They have the sprue marks on the base of the missile, and a "circle" indent on the bottom of the shaft of the missile. I've checked highendtfs, and it looks like the "circle" indents mean they are KO missiles? Is that correct? Or do the vintage ones have them too?
    Hard to say, back in the day G1 toys were not made by a single factory but several which caused a lot of variation in G1 TFs, specially from the early years. Some variations range from subtle to very noticeable.

Check the links here to see if it helps:

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Hard to say, back in the day G1 toys were not made by a single factory but several which caused a lot of variation in G1 TFs, specially from the early years. Some variations range from subtle to very noticeable.

Check the links here to see if it helps:

http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17
    Thanks. I did check there first, but the pictures of the missiles didn't really help. Missile launchers and everything are all original, so I guess I'll just assume the missiles are too.

I saw quite a few Comic Book versions of MP Grimlock on ebay today, for around $100 with free shipping from China.
    They've got to be KOs at that price... which is a shame, as the real thing is a lot more expensive, and these KOs will start showing up at that price (if not already), fooling people into thinking it is the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I saw quite a few Comic Book versions of MP Grimlock on ebay today, for around $100 with free shipping from China.
    They've got to be KOs at that price... which is a shame, as the real thing is a lot more expensive, and these KOs will start showing up at that price (if not already), fooling people into thinking it is the real thing.
    Most likely fake listings i'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Most likely fake listings i'd say.
    Or that.

Either way, it's not good for fans.

I think the second run is selling below $200 before which seems being cleared out by toystory_world