Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this a Knock Off? (post here for help)

If you want it, I guess. Just make sure you don't sell it. That would be highly illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    If you want it, I guess. Just make sure you don't sell it. That would be highly illegal.
    not sure why I'm sure if it's legal if i state if it's a KO in the title but i wont be selling it anyway

I meant that you can't link to the selling of KOs. Asking if it is a KO is different, of course. No worries mate.

Just wondering, are there any knock offs of more recent toys like the GDO/Generations or Prime lines?

Is there a list of what recent toys have been knocked off, something a bit more compiled and in depth then just whatever posts I can find in the KO section?

Is buying all my toys MISB (with the exception of G1, I know that the real thing would be way out of my budget if it was MISB) generally a good way to avoid knock offs, or is there still some risk involved?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Just wondering, are there any knock offs of more recent toys like the GDO/Generations or Prime lines?
    Yes, there have been.

Is there a list of what recent toys have been knocked off, something a bit more compiled and in depth then just whatever posts I can find in the KO section?
    Highendtfs is the best site for identifying a KO however this deals primarily with G1. TFW2005 has a KO identification section although I am unable to find it (maybe it's been removed ).

Is buying all my toys MISB (with the exception of G1, I know that the real thing would be way out of my budget if it was MISB) generally a good way to avoid knock offs, or is there still some risk involved?
    Many of the original boxes have been counterfeited however they are mostly easy to spot. Current toys such as the Movie line or Generations / Classics have obvious fake packaging which is sometimes almost humourous. KO's are easier to identify for the most part if they are sold MIB. Having said that though, I've seen many sales of G1 toys using repro boxes giving the impression that it is a legit MIB G1. If in doubt, always ask the seller for good quality pictures before making a purchase. If you are still unsure, ask one of the members here
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, there have been.
    Well that is most certainly troubling to hear, though if they are all as obvious as this one is-
    http://i.imgur.com/m8XTtAY.jpg
    then I have nothing to worry about

But just in case, what is the likelihood that these are fakes?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310423536713
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310424661702

It's funny but whenever a seller on ebay has assurances that their items are "100% real and authentic" I tend to think exactly the opposite lol

Megatron Guest

But just in case, what is the likelihood that these are fakes?
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310423536713
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/310424661702

It's funny but whenever a seller on ebay has assurances that their items are "100% real and authentic" I tend to think exactly the opposite lol
    They look real enough. He puts that "100% New 100% Authentic" disclaimer on a lot of his listings (5000+), probably as a general assurance? Also he doesn't have any negative feedback about items being fake, but more to do with shipping problems...

Maybe because a lot of people who sell KOs mark them as "Asian reissue" etc., so some people may associate any toys that are perceived as exclusively Asian or Chinese as being fake -- so perhaps the seller wanted to assure that while these toys are Asian exclusives, they are legit.

That's the stupid thing about people referring to KOs as "Asian" or "Chinese" because not everything from the Asian/Chinese market is fake. Even the term "Asian/Chinese reissue" can be a misnomer because there are legitimate Chinese reissues of G1 toys approved by Hasbro. Just call a spade a spade -- if a toy's a counterfeit, just say that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    . Just call a spade a spade -- if a toy's a counterfeit, just say that it is.
    Amen to that brother

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Maybe because a lot of people who sell KOs mark them as "Asian reissue" etc., so some people may associate any toys that are perceived as exclusively Asian or Chinese as being fake
    Yes that's the other thing I consider when I visit auctions from sellers in China, that maybe they are just stating the facts because of the number of people that believe "if it comes from China it's a fake".
    I suppose in a way I've bought into the fear as well a bit, that and I'm not very confident yet in my ability to spot fakes (apart from the obvious ones).