Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MP12 Sideswipe coloured prototype image teaser (plus... MP14 soon too!)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    We had Starscream before Megatron (2nd in command before leader of season one), so why not Cyclonus before Galvatron (2nd in command before leader of season 3)?
    Yes, good point. That was too early in the line for me to remember hehe. I was basing it on the fact that we had the new Autobot leader recently in Rodimus Prime. It made sense for Galvatron to make an appearance (hopefully) sometime soon as well! But they don't seem to be following any type of consistent patterns here, especially with the release of Sideswipe (as swoop mentioned) so it's anyone's guess. Bring on Tokyo toy fair!

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Yes, good point. That was too early in the line for me to remember hehe. I was basing it on the fact that we had the new Autobot leader recently in Rodimus Prime. It made sense for Galvatron to make an appearance (hopefully) sometime soon as well! But they don't seem to be following any type of consistent patterns here, especially with the release of Sideswipe (as swoop mentioned) so it's anyone's guess. Bring on Tokyo toy fair!
    The pattern since the MP's have "refocused" is alternate factions
    10 -Optimus
    11 -Starscream
    12 -Sideswipe
    13 -Soundwave
    14 -?

So many are leading to an Autobot for MP-14. Which I think is perfect for an MP-15 Megatron being 10 releases since MP-05 just like MP-10 was 10 releases since MP-01.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    The pattern since the MP's have "refocused" is alternate factions
    10 -Optimus
    11 -Starscream
    12 -Sideswipe
    13 -Soundwave
    14 -?

So many are leading to an Autobot for MP-14. Which I think is perfect for an MP-15 Megatron being 10 releases since MP-05 just like MP-10 was 10 releases since MP-01.
    You forgot Sunstorm and Red Alert. I think if you try and work out a pattern, you're gona hurt your brain.

The one thing to remember is that we're not gona see every G1 character get the MP treatment. I reckon we'll get popular characters, the leaders and a few from each of the different series (i.e. Headmasters, Autobot cars, maybe a combiner )

Takara know the G1 fandom may not be as strong in 15-20 years time, so maybe their new focus is on releasing smaller, cheaper MP's in quick succession.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    imagine the $$$ though...
    If they're the same price as sideswipe, it'd work out a fair bit cheaper than Herc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    If they're the same price as sideswipe, it'd work out a fair bit cheaper than Herc.
    Herc made the wallet hurt enough I'll still buys all the mp releases though
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I still think mp-14 will be prowl. If they are going to do autobot cars they will get the most out of that mold. A straight up repaint for blue streak and a slight remold for smokescreen, easy money imo and with all the attention prowl has been getting in the comic fans will jump all over it
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I still think mp-14 will be prowl. If they are going to do autobot cars they will get the most out of that mold. A straight up repaint for blue streak and a slight remold for smokescreen, easy money imo and with all the attention prowl has been getting in the comic fans will jump all over it
    It is quite possible. I hope repaints/retools are released every other time or supplemental to main releases ie; mp12 - mp12a - mp12c etc
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Hmm, they didn't do that for MP03 SS, MP06 SW and MP07 TC. Let's hope they don't follow the trend if they go down the Prowl route. But they've been pretty good recently with repaints of Sunstorm and Red Alert naming them as MP11s and MP12a (or whatever they're called) instead of give them a Masterpiece number altogether. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by swoop View Post
    I fail to see the attraction in Prowl. Maybe it's cause I never had him as a kid. He has never seemed as cool as a lot of the other bots. Not to mention the fact that his alt mode is a Datsun. Never been a fan of Datsuns. Very dated car. The 350Z IDW are using looks pretty cool, but TT would most likely want to stick with G1 accurate. In which case prowl and all his associated repaints would be a miss for me.

I think that's a matter of taste, I'd love to see Prowl and his clones, Datsun or not.

But then I had him as a kid.