Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Full colour images of MP Sideswipe revealed on Ehobby site

Considering they're obviously in the same or very close scale now that they're real objects, don't you think the robots are now the size they *should* have been in the cartoons? At least until they show Soundwave and ruin everything!

Pricewise this toy is going to retail for 6000JPY (AU$76), but if you preorder they give you a 12% discount so it becomes 5359JPY (AU$68). That's a fair price for a MP IMHO - certainly much better than MP10's RRP. Otherwise one could wait for Hasbro to release their version and risk an inferior colour scheme -- I would expect this toy to sell here at a similar price range as MP Rodimus; probably $80 at first, then later reduced to $60 if the toy doesn't move.

As for the non-transparency of the windows -- I suspect that TakTOMY were unable to engineer the toy to give it a driver's compartment in vehicle mode, so rather than displaying the unslight robot kibble they decided to cover it up with painted windows. I admit that this is disappointing for a Masterpiece as previous MPs have had a driver/pilot's compartment engineered in (does MP Grimlock have that pilot's compartment on the back of his dinobot mode like G1 Grimlock? I can't remember atm).

I'm still impressed with Sideswipe, I couldn't be happier that finally an MP quality Lamborghini licenced version of him is coming out.

The alt mode does look great except for the blacked out windows, but the size in robot mode?!
    That's next to MP10, be almost tiny next to MP1, wouldn't be much bigger than a G1 Sideswipe!

Decepticon Guest

LOOK!!.....No Hands!......FAIL!

I could be wrong but I think that I can see through the windshield a bit. It could just be very dark glass that looks mat in the photo.

What concerns me more is that the tires appear to be plastic which is unacceptable for a figure within a 'collector' premium range.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Ummm... you realise that they are his pile drivers yeah
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Aren't these pics usually hand painted prototypes? I'd imagine it'll just be a very dark tinting effect on the final toy, but i actually quite like the contrast it creates anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    What concerns me more is that the tires appear to be plastic which is unacceptable for a figure within a 'collector' premium range.
    How can you see that? The photo with MP-10 doesn't give anything away to it's tyres being rubber but we know they are. I think it's highly unlikely they'll be anything but rubber.
    Hmm now that i look at that front photo tho yeah the glare on the tyres near his feet seems to indicate plastic.. that'd be a true wtf if it's the case.

so glad it is in my pile of loot
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Woops. I only looked at the one pic. Looks better with hands now