Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy grail

I have been rather lucky when it comes to my holy grail.

Fortress Maximus, thank goodness for encore
    Bumper/Bumblejumper, I managed to get it for $100

My next holy grail, is the complete G1 collection which is only 5 figures away. After that it will have to be X-9 Jaguar
    Then SG 2008 Box set (only need Op, SS and Jazz)

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

as a Masterpiece collector. Hotrod/Rodimus prime

TT or hasbro ,even the B variant if i could but would prefer the normal colours.

i would to love be able to set up my figures to re-create the matrix hand over scene from the 80s movie but i just cant find one without impossibly expensive shipping

there's a bunch of rodimus's (rodimi?) floating around on the web atm try ebay? that are supposedly official product that have had there joints fixed and are being sold without a box might be a good way to pick one up if you don't mind the missing box

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    there's a bunch of rodimus's (rodimi?) floating around on the web atm try ebay? that are supposedly official product that have had there joints fixed and are being sold without a box might be a good way to pick one up if you don't mind the missing box
    ebay isnt an option for me (we blacklisted it as a way to not be broke) and it was the first hard unchangeable rule I set when i decided to start collecting

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    ebay isnt an option for me (we blacklisted it as a way to not be broke) and it was the first hard unchangeable rule I set when i decided to start collecting
    Mistake, ebay can get some absolute bargains from time to time where all else fail. As much as it is a place where there are scalpels , there are the occasional people who just sell off items reasonably.

Example, my takara sunstorm was purchased at $145.
    That's cheaper than rrp

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Mistake, ebay can get some absolute bargains from time to time where all else fail. As much as it is a place where there are scalpels , there are the occasional people who just sell off items reasonably.

Example, my takara sunstorm was purchased at $145.
    That's cheaper than rrp
    unfortunately its a condition of my collection

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    I really like:
    1. G1
    2. Japanese G1
    3. Japanese G1 repaints
    3. Rare/Obscure items

and im a moron
    Ha, I tried to connect with zone and operation combination but I cannot bring myself to take that step. Some days even masterforce is a stretch. I will continue to buy the same G1 items, upgrading every little scratch and flap crease. Till all are gone!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    unfortunately its a condition of my collection
    Come on... That's rubbish what if that was a final piece of your collection at a nice price?

I know what you are on about for ebay and yes I accept that it's no longer a good place to buy stuff but there are so many things not just toys alone that are ahead than what you can be paying.
    Like anything I would do my homework before I buy from ebay.

But of course if this is your own oath you taken personally to enjoy collecting what you are collecting, I guess that's that. I can understand if it's a sort of a challenge that you stick by it.

I have my ultimate goal and holy grail as a collector: Transformers Animated Voyager Thundercracker. I know there are only a few known to exist, but it's my dream to get one someday.

Just so beautiful.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Come on... That's rubbish what if that was a final piece of your collection at a nice price?

I know what you are on about for ebay and yes I accept that it's no longer a good place to buy stuff but there are so many things not just toys alone that are ahead than what you can be paying.
    Like anything I would do my homework before I buy from ebay.

But of course if this is your own oath you taken personally to enjoy collecting what you are collecting, I guess that's that. I can understand if it's a sort of a challenge that you stick by it.
    its a silly rule yes life is dull without some silly.
    its a combination of my built in hatred for ebay and my ability to impulse purchase. where would the thrill of the hunt be of trying to find one be if i could always just ebay it. this is why shopping for food is boring

part of the enjoyment of collecting of rme is finding them. and then talking myself into buying it.