Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Holy grail

I've got to admit, while they're not quite 'Grails' in terms of sheer want-y-ness, Earthrise Skywarp.Thundercracker, the Siege Rainmakers, and ER Runabout are pieces I want quite a lot that are freaking hard to find for not-ridiculous prices.

I've recently decided that I want a reissue G1 Ultra Magnus too, I loved that toy as a kid but never bothered picking one up in Japan. There were a LOT of reissue Magnuses there though, so it's not super-elusive/rare/expensive like a Grail is supposed to be IMO.

I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
    Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
    Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.
    I agree with the above.

Also, there seems to be two different holy grail threads. Can they possibly be merged or is that too hard by this point?
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...ose-Ends/page8
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Studio Series Jazz is proving quite elusive. Since yesterday I have driven 99.2km searching various Kmarts for this toy with no result.

The quest continues...

Holy Grail stuff for me is pretty much all Soundwave stuff like the G1 Juniors and design centre and cassette player. Also the funky coloured 2003 Universe tank, and the Machine Wars one too.

Also, Robot Heroes Sharkticon, the only one I don't have.

Recently acquired Action Master Megatron.
    So now my Anglophone G1 collection is 94.3% complete (430/456).

I don't aim to have a 100% Anglo G1 collection, but there are now only 3 other G1 toys that I would like to have.
    Finback ← just bought one; awaiting postage
    Action Master Inferno
    Kick-Off

I also wouldn't mind a Targetmaster Scourge (he's the only G1 Targetmaster that I don't have); but I don't fancy my chances of ever coming across one.
    I'm a very passive and opportunistic collector of second hand toys; these aren't things that I actively hunt out but will grab if the chance to buy one at a relatively low price crosses my path.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Recently acquired Action Master Megatron.
    So now my Anglophone G1 collection is 94.3% complete (430/456).

I don't aim to have a 100% Anglo G1 collection, but there are now only 3 other G1 toys that I would like to have.
    Nice work!

Out of interest, what are the 26 figures left for 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Nice work!
    Merci beaucoup, monsieur!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Out of interest, what are the 26 figures left for 100%?
    1985 Mini Spy (Toyota Type)
    1987 Scourge (Targetmaster)
    1989 Crossblades
    1989 Vroom
    1989 Skyhammer
    1989 Roadblock
    1990 Inferno (Action Master)
    1990 Kick-Off
    1990 Sprocket
    1990 Retro
    1990 Surge
    1990 Full-Barrel
    1990 Overflow
    1990 Gutcruncher
    1990 Cement-Head
    1990 Terror-Tread
    1991 Circuit
    1991 Rumbler
    1991 Omega Spreem
    1991 Windmill
    1991 Double Punch
    1991 Take Off
    1991 Turbo Master
    1991 Overlord
    1992 Rescue Force Jet

The biggest wants from this list would be Targetmaster Scourge, AM Inferno and Kick-Off. I don't care if I get the AMs as just bare bots with no partners or accessories. I don't fancy my chances of ever having a TM Scourge. I wouldn't mind an Overlord either, but again, don't rate my chances. As ever I am very much an opportunistic passive collector of G1 rather than a more active collector. If the chance to get these toys at relatively cheap prices comes my way then I'll bite, but I'm not inclined to actively hunt them down and throw boatloads of cash for them. As you can see, with the exception of Overlord, none of the toys on my "wants" list are anything to write home about. Bunch of Action Masters and Micromasters, GPS-ridden Ultra Pretenders, underwhelming Mega Pretenders etc.

Cos let's face it, when it comes to Action Masters, if you've played with one you've played with them all (unless the weapon/vehicle particularly excites you).

I've paid for my MP Skyfire and its shipping in full. Just waiting for it to arrive.

a modern Masterpiece Grimlock is what I want the most, not for $500-$1,000 though I could never afford it.
    Last edited by Choos; 12th March 2023 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Update
    Ba weep granna weep ninny bong