Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy grail

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Not an official grail (still waiting for it) but this is a very good stand in:

A very nice and complete Brave Max (I am still waiting for a Takara Fort Max to arrive).
    Only just got mine out the other night to give him a dust off, My Wife accused me of aquiring it recently which I didn't

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Only just got mine out the other night to give him a dust off, My Wife accused me of aquiring it recently which I didn't
    i always cop that lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Heh, same thing happened with me last night because I was shelving a bunch of toys that I acquired recently but haven't gotten around to shelving yet.

4 of 5 Aerialbots confirmed to be G1 either on the way or sitting in my 'pile of loot'
    2 of 5 Stunticons original G1's on the way

No complete Grails but very nearly one. At first I thought trying to get G1's would be a bad experience but I've gotta say that by reading about the differences between KO's and originals I've learnt a lot and it has made the chase more fun :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I usually get accused, but tonight I got caught out red handed; girlfriend saw my profit/loss whilst I was indiscreetly dwelling over

My wife notices if I spend so much as $7 on a Legion Class toy! Last week I purchased the Havoc pack for Fall of Cybertron, I was gonna tell my wife about it but I ... forgot. A few days later she had a couple of questions for me.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    4 of 5 Aerialbots confirmed to be G1 either on the way or sitting in my 'pile of loot'
    2 of 5 Stunticons original G1's on the way

No complete Grails but very nearly one.
    I would consider each of those individual Aerialbots and Stunticons as grails. The good thing about collecting gestalt teams slowly, member by member -- especially in the case of G1 as the gift sets were never released here -- you get to appreciate/enjoy each toy individually. Often when you get a gestalt team all at once, you see each toy as just a "component of one toy." When I get gestalt gift sets (post-G2), I make an effort to play with and enjoy each toy for its own merit. Usually I'll set the other toys aside and just play with that one toy by itself... like set up a mission where for some reason he's separated from his team members.

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    At first I thought trying to get G1's would be a bad experience but I've gotta say that by reading about the differences between KO's and originals I've learnt a lot and it has made the chase more fun :-)
    You are a far more patient man than me, sir. I find hunting for current toys which haven't been KOed yet downright infuriating. (T-T)

Chasing the G1's has been fun so far but I don't get that enjoyment out of finding current toys. Almost everything is ordered through BBTS and it's not often I miss what I want there. I collect all the deluxes and voyagers and have done that for HFTD/RTS (missed the fallen voyager), Generations (missing Asia exclusives for the moment), DOTM (missed a few exclusives as there was so many) and got all of TF Prime RID (no FE's but got a few Jap AM's that aren't coming here). It's more like a routine getting these, I do love them but there isn't a chase.

It will be the end of the month before I ship my POL because I'm waiting for FOC Bruticus, but when it gets here I'll post my mini Grails. Technically I have Motormaster too but it's one of the few toys I have from my childhood and it's in pretty poor condition with no accessories. So I'll need to get him again.

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    Envious!!!
    Whats your current one?
    My HOLY GRAIL!!!!! is a MIB Minerva but that saucy minx is going to cost me a packet (or a liver or a kidney) and the other one I want is Atariscream from the Kiss Player series.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

My 'Holy Grail' is on it's way. As part of my solidify everything into Classic/Universe (because I like my toys to be more than stylish bricks, generally), I took advantage of the almost $30 discount on Stepper at BBTS and ordered him.

Forgot to post this when I completed it last month. While this wasn't originally on my grail list it is a Holy Grail to me. The reason I didn't include it in was that I wasn't actively seeking the missing parts and had not expected to claim this prize for a few more years...but opportunity knocked.

I am still looking to replace the faded Insecticons box though. Unfortunately the original owner displayed its side (visible in the above pic) in direct sunlight, resulting in one side losing a lot of its green colour.