Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021

Thread: Holy grail

I've got to admit, while they're not quite 'Grails' in terms of sheer want-y-ness, Earthrise Skywarp.Thundercracker, the Siege Rainmakers, and ER Runabout are pieces I want quite a lot that are freaking hard to find for not-ridiculous prices.

I've recently decided that I want a reissue G1 Ultra Magnus too, I loved that toy as a kid but never bothered picking one up in Japan. There were a LOT of reissue Magnuses there though, so it's not super-elusive/rare/expensive like a Grail is supposed to be IMO.

I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
    Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think some people don't know what a "holy grail" means.

A holy grail is something that you've been hunting for, for a very very long time, because it is really rare, or hasn't been released for a long while... like the "real" grail.

Something that is currently in release, especially a regular release item, is just an item on your current shopping listing when out shopping or browsing online stores.
    Posting up currently-released items cheapens it for the other people who are excitedly posting up their long-sought-after rare items that they spent a lot of time (years) hunting down.
    I agree with the above.

Also, there seems to be two different holy grail threads. Can they possibly be merged or is that too hard by this point?
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...ose-Ends/page8
    WTB
    G2 Gearhead
    G2 Soundwave

Studio Series Jazz is proving quite elusive. Since yesterday I have driven 99.2km searching various Kmarts for this toy with no result.

The quest continues...

Holy Grail stuff for me is pretty much all Soundwave stuff like the G1 Juniors and design centre and cassette player. Also the funky coloured 2003 Universe tank, and the Machine Wars one too.

Also, Robot Heroes Sharkticon, the only one I don't have.