Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Bottom 10!

Default Your Bottom 10!

Pick your ten most hated or least favourite toys in your collection! (and tell us why)

1. Rachel/Lion
    Now I could easily populate my most hated list with Animorphs, but that wouldn't make the list terribly diverse and interesting, so I'll just keep it to one Animorph on this list. If I had to pick my most hated Animorph toy it would have to be Rachel/Lion, because this toy sucks even by Animorphs standards... and that's bad! The human head is entirely covered by the lion's mane -- that's right, I said lion and not lioness. Rachel transforms from a human girl into a male lion! So she looks like a really bad Aslan cosplayer. Then the beast eyes do NOT stay retracted -- they're constantly down and covering her human face... the upper part. There's no lower part, so in lion mode the lion's face has a human girl's mouth/jaw.
    Why do I have this toy?! Someone gave it to me for free.

Show-likeness FYL

2. G1 Wheelie
    Of all the G1 Autobot mini-cars, this would have to be the worst. Seriously... Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Huffer, Powerglide, Beachcomber, Seaspray, Outback, Swerve, Cosmos... then Wheelie... it's like a sudden drop in standards to the world of suck. Every other minibot has a clearly identifiable alt mode, even Cosmos who's a freaking Adamski UFO, which by semantic definition is unidentified! (). Yet Wheelie transforms into... um... some kind of sled with wheels?? Then there's the robot mode. The top heaviness and spindly legs doesn't help it to be the most balanced of the Mini-Bots... plus the legs get loose and floppy over time, making it virtually useless for support. The hands are an epic fail. When I first got this toy in 1986, I didn't even notice that this toy had hands. It was only a few months later that I was playing with it and saw them and thought, (excited) "Oh!" (deflated) "Oh..." And then afterwards I saw Transformers The Movie and G1 Season 3 -- suddenly this disappointing toy became attached to a highly annoying character in the cartoon. Let's face it... if this toy didn't have a prominent appearance in canon, not many people would want it. It's a shame that such a crappy toy like this got so much screen time in the show, yet an awesome toy like HUBCAP never saw the light of day!
    Why do I have this toy?! It was cheap, I think $1.99, and that was back when we still had 1 and 2c coins, so I would've gotten my 1c back.

"Rhyming like a little git, Wheelie's toy is a piece of ----"

3. Mainframe
    Okay, Action Masters just plain suck. Again, like with the Animorphs, I'm just gonna pick on one rather than flooding the list with all of them. But my least favourite would be Mainframe -- simply because when I was a kid, I could not tell what the freak he was meant to transform into. Even though Action Masters couldn't transform, looking at their faux-kibble and imagining what they might have transformed into was possibly the only quasi-enjoyable thing about them... or more accurately, something that made them a little less painful to accept as Transformers. Treadshot's a great example of this - his body has kibble from a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum hand gun! (it'd be so kewl if TakTOM retconned a G1/Classicsverse Treadbolt that could transform into a scale replica Magnum! </pipedream> ) -- but Mainframe has virtually nothing that tells you what he might have transformed into. Even TFwiki describes it as "an indeterminate alternate mode" - but it's generally accepted as being a mainframe computer. In red and blue.
    Why do I have this toy?! Got it for free.

4. Cindersaur
    All the Firecons are crap, but again, let's just pick on one, and Cindersaur's my least favourite. The engineering is incredibly unimpressive, with the transforming essentially being "turn around and unfold some stuff!". It's much like all those monsters/demons in Monkey, where they look human, then turn around and change into the Dog Demon or whatever demon of the week that Monkey, Pigsy & Sandy happen to be fighting.
    <bad.Asian.accent> "So Monkey, you think I'm just a short pahple and yerrow KO of Godzirra, but I am rearry..." <turns around w/ spooky music> "The Decepticon Cindahsaur!" </bad.accent>
    It's funny in Monkey... crap on a Transformer toy. Cindersaur has the worst colour scheme of the Firecons, and the lack of wings makes it feel of even less value than Flamefeather and Sparkstalker. The Firecons and Sparkabots are basically small Transformers built around the friction motor w/ flint sparking gimmick which severely compromises their engineering, and the Firecons copped it worse than the Sparkabots (at least the Sparkabots have defined/identifiable vehicle modes and can lift their arms up and down, they're also more individually unique compared to the Firecons who are just too similar to each other). Thankfully toy safety standards today means that these toys will never be reissued (after a sparking gimmick in a Barbie doll set a girl's undies on fire!). Or if they did, the gimmick would be muted (which would make the entire concept of reissuing them pointless ). Oh, that and a lack of demand.
    Why do I have this toy?! To complete the set of Firecons. I got Flamefeather and Sparkstalker when I was a kid which didn't inspire me to get Cindersaur. A friend of mine had it, I saw it and thought, "Nah." I later picked this toy up for maybe ten bucks loose just to complete the set.

At least the demons in Monkey spun 360° to transform - that makes them twice as cool as the Firecons!

5. Injector
    F'ugly. The Fuzor concept was always a bit odd, but sometimes it was well executed (e.g. Silverbolt, Quickstrike, Buzzclaw), most other Fuzors were alright... but in this case, it just plain did NOT work. Other Fuzors have beast modes that are like a 'smooth' fusion or blend between two animals. I think dirge describes the beast mode well in his review -- it looks like an angler fish with a hornet shoved up its bottom. The robot mode is incredibly crap - with the robot head basically being the fish component regurgitating the robot head out of its maw. If the intention of the design was to completely gross the crap out of me, then great success. The big head and ungainly body proportions makes this toy tricky to balance too. Little wonder this hunk of crap pegwarmed so badly.
    Why do I have this toy?! That's a damn good question. For over a year I saw this toy peg-warming and I kept laughing at it and walking past. But it was like staring at me and taunting me going, "Go on... you know you wanna buy me! DO IT!" - I eventually caved and grabbed it on sale. It was during a lull between waves when there wasn't much else to buy.

"Ouch."

6. Supreme Cheetor
    Supreme rip-off. Okay, Transmetal II Cheetor stands as one of the worst engineered Cheetor toys, but it didn't retail for a hundred bucks! The sculpt is more show-like than Mega Cheetor, and while the later Night Slash Cheetor also had a fairly show-like sculpt at a Deluxe price point, it didn't have show colours. So this toy offers the most show like sculpt with colours... but even then, totally still not worth paying RRP. There's NO reason why this toy couldn't have been a Deluxe. Maybe some parts would be simplified and they'd have to remove the LED gimmick -- I can live with that for a Deluxe price point. There's nothing about this toy that makes it worth paying a hundred for. Even the size... it's big mode because it's got long spindly legs. Otherwise, it's fairly light wait. It certainly lacks the BULK of other big hitters like G1 Metroplex or Scorponok. The tail weapon is also failtastic... Night Slash Cheetor's swords are more show-like and work better. The size also makes it massively out of scale with other BM toys (other than maybe Nightscream, another very crap BM figure).
    Why do I have this toy?! Because I made a stupid decision and paid $100 for this over-sized hunk of crap even though I already had Mega Cheetor. <facepalms.self>

Supreme Fail

7. Armada Scavenger
    Armada is notorious for many of its gimmick over-laden toys that have compromised engineering, but Scavenger takes the cake. Ridiculously blocky body with that stupid rolling gimmick instead of legs. Those shin pads pretending to be legs are about as lame as G1 Wheelie's faux-hands. The only redeeming feature of this toy is the neat little Mini-Con, Rollbar. Unfortunately this Mini-Con mould has never been sold separately. His groin-located Mini-Con port is kinda awkward but...
    Why do I have this toy?! To complete my set of Energon figures. The real stupid thing that I did was that I bought the repaint, Treadbolt (as well as other Energon repaints), which I gave to my girlfriend at the time.

8. Energon Ironhide
    Much like Armada, Energon's also notorious for giving us a lot of forgettable toys... but Ironhide stands out among the crap as one of the crappiest. The Powerlinx gimmick in Energon was never terribly well executed -- 1989's MultiForce gimmick was relatively better executed. But even among these sucky Energon Powerlinx figures, Ironhide is particularly suckful because of that stupid HEAD that isn't even remotely concealed in alt mode!! Booooooo...
    Why do I have this toy?! Same reason as for why I got Scavenger. Although thankfully I didn't buy the repaint!

You know your disguise sucks when even Prince Adam and Clark Kent are laughing at you.

9. ROTF Leader Class Megatron
    It's hard to choose which one sucks more, Movie Leader Class Megatron or ROTF Leader Class Megatron. Both are spectacularly CRAP toys, but I'm going with ROTF Leader Class Megatron because IMHO TF1 Leader Megatron is a fair execution of a bad design (from Dreamworks/Paramount), whereas ROTF Leader Megatron is a poor execution of a bad idea.
    Why do I have this toy?! Because I wanted the character. I didn't know at the time that I bought it that Hasbro would release a Voyager version later -- if I'd known I probably would've held off from the leader and gotten the Voyager instead, even if it is a massive shellformer. Can't possibly be worst than this toy. The Voyager actually has the flight mode, right? Cos the Leader doesn't.

Lost in translation?

10. ROTF Combiner Class Devastator
    Simplistic sculpt/designs and unimpressive colours and paint apps. Engineering is also incredibly basic for its size and price and of course, none of the components have robot modes. The Nom! Nom! gimmick was fun for a little while, then it got stale fast. You know that a big and expensive set of toys suck when it's outclassed by its Legends Class equivalent! Much like Supreme Cheetor, this toy is just big for the sake of being big, but lacks anything substantial to really justify its size and price. At least they did reduce the price of this toy from it's original RRP (which they never did with Supreme Cheetor! I never saw that toy sell for below $100! (little wonder it continued to shelfwarm for years)) - but even at a discounted price, I still feel massively ripped off by this toy.
    Why do I have this toy?! I fell for the Nom! Nom! gimmick, plus I wanted a ROTF Devvie in a big imposing size. But I waited until it was at least on sale, but even then it still wasn't worth it.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 11th June 2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Pics and witty comments added :p / "Why Do I Have This Toy?" comments added

10? Ahh this is gonna be hard... Give me a bit lol
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

So is this list limited to figures one personally owns? just like the top 3 list? Just to clarify before I post...

But I do have disagree with you Gok on Injector... I dunno something about him makes me really enjoy having bought that abomination

He does show much potential for other things other than being a transformer, prolly why I love the ugly thing hehehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Decepticon Guest

Just 10?? Man, theres so many heeedious TF toys around! Well, i will choose any G1 toy. Except Optimus, Soundwave, jet fire, Starscream, thrust, thunder cracker, skywarp, devastator and possibly others that don't come to mind.

Oh, and anything beast wars!

I haven't seen every Transformer there is so it's kinda hard to judge but I'll have to look at what toys I've owned/seen and make a list. I do have a few figures in mind already though.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    So is this list limited to figures one personally owns? just like the top 3 list? Just to clarify before I post...
    Yes. Same as the Top 3 list only working from the bottom and it's 10 instead of 3.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    But I do have disagree with you Gok on Injector... I dunno something about him makes me really enjoy having bought that abomination

He does show much potential for other things other than being a transformer, prolly why I love the ugly thing hehehehe
    You pretty much just explained it there. Fundamentally speaking it's not a flawed toy, but it's a poor execution of a Transformers action figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Just 10?? Man, theres so many heeedious TF toys around!
    Yes, just 10. I was initially gonna call this thread "Bottom 3," cos I wanted it to be like the Top 3 thread but in reverse... but I found it too hard to narrow it down to just three so I expanded it to 10!

I know it's hard, but that's the challenge! There are lots of other toys that I would have loved to include on my list (like the rest of my Animorphs collection) -- but for the sake of diversity/interest I tried to select 10 different figures from my collection.

Well, i will choose any G1 toy. Except Optimus, Soundwave, jet fire, Starscream, thrust, thunder cracker, skywarp, devastator and possibly others that don't come to mind.
    Oh, and anything beast wars!
    Please select 10 individual figures and tell us why you dislike each figure. It doesn't need to be a lengthy description; but something that tells us why each individual figure in your list makes them your least liked amongst your collection! And please make the description focus on that individual figure rather than just because you dislike that particular line or series. e.g. I really dislike all my Animorphs toys, but I forced myself to choose just one to add to my Bottom 10 List (i.e. which I consider the worst of that lot).

If you really are having trouble narrowing it down to just 10, then do what I did with my Top 3 -- to go random.org and get it to randomly pick 10 toys for you out of your collection. Or just go eenie meenie miney mo...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I haven't seen every Transformer there is so it's kinda hard to judge but I'll have to look at what toys I've owned/seen and make a list. I do have a few figures in mind already though.
    Yup, that's the idea of this thread. Please only stick to figures that are in your own collection. I'd like to include Staxx as one of the worst Transformers ever made, but I don't own him... or any of the G2 Power Masters (the only one I regret passing up is Ironhide, but only because he's Ironhide - the toy is still rubbish (which is why I passed it even though it peg warmed for years )).

I don't think I can compete in this one. I don't own any Transformers I don't like. And besides, I barely have any, so 10 would probably = about 20% of my collection (Although Gok, I did at one point have armada scavenger. I really liked his alt mode, but yeah it sucked how he didn't have legs.)

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I don't think I can compete in this one. I don't own any Transformers I don't like.
    Thats what I was thinking. I wouldnt own them if I didnt like them.

It's hated or "least favourite" -- if you can select 10 toys in your collection that you perhaps like the least.

Thats what I was thinking. I wouldnt own them if I didnt like them.
    Heh... perhaps as an added optional challenge, we can also include "Why the hell do I have this toy?" for each figure.

<goes.back.to.edit.post#1>