Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Best Op shop/antique store tf find

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Not sure of the shop name.

It was 100% perfect aside from a tiny bit of yellowing on a wing where sun had hit it.

Ready..........
    $80.00

That is a very good price for that Jet fire in that kind of condition. You did well..

My cheapest G1 transformer purchase was that time when I came across to a minty Tracks with out weapons at a market in Blacktown
    I only paid... two dollars for it and that was the price the market lady asked for in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Wow! When was this?
    What's OP?
    OPportunity Shop; Think Vinnies, Salvo's etc. Here's a listing of Sydney stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzvader78 View Post
    I have been there before and they have awesome hidden gems which usually have something new each time I visit.. I have not been at that shop for probably more than five years.
    I live in camberwell and there been no record store here for over 5 years

Some nice scores here - My best 'real life' score was at a real auction.

For $5 + $1 buyers fee I got a complete MIB Gripper, a complete loose sinnertwin, broken blizwing, wheelie and two purple decoys. Of course I really only wanted Wheelie out of all of these.

A year or so back I found a MISB Optimal Optimus. Box was a little bit dinged, but other than that all OK (has all those blasted blast shields)

I found a Spinister at a Salvos a few years back, I dug around in the big box he was sitting in and managed to find one of his targetmasters too. About 10 years back I had a good run picking up some of the scramble city limbs (Drag Strip, First Aid, etc) but they never came with weapons or combining parts.

I found a Highbrow, complete with Gort, at an Op Shop in Edinburgh for only 2 pounds a decade ago. Only prob was he was missing his helicopter canopy and his guns but perfecly fine to display in robot mode.

At 'The Green Shed' (the op shop/warehouse attached to the city dump in Swan Hill) I found a Maccas Animated Megatron and Ratchet. It was very cool because until then I had no idea that there had been Animated Happy Meal toys

Well before eBay and the Transformers movie trilogy, I would go to all of the op shops around Wollongong, It is were I got most of my Beast Wars figures. I got Optimal Optimus for $3, complete Inferno for $2, complete Rattrap $1 plus numerous others for very cheap.

This is my best find, although it wasn't at a shop I did make a flyer asking for Transformers and GI Joes when I was living back in new zealand (about 5 years ago) and stuck them up at the local shops and got a reply

ended up getting these for $350 NZ

Holy heck Twizz that is the find and buy of the decade. Especially most of them with instructions and/or tech specs!