Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Op shop/antique store tf find

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    Has anyone had any good finds from garage sales? If so, then when and where? I vaguely remember back in 1995 passing on buying a box of toys that included G1 Ultra Magnus, instead purchasing a bag of MOTU figures which I was into back then.
    I used to go around to garage sales looking for TFs, but they have become more scarce because people *think* they know how much they are worth and usually flog them off on ebay.

I remember a few months back for $5 I got a complete Lion Voltron, G1 optimus Prime cab (thankfully not pinktimus) & a G1 Astrotrain in good condition

Back in the day I used to get heaps from Op shops, Garage sales & Trash & Treasure

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I used to go around to garage sales looking for TFs, but they have become more scarce because people *think* they know how much they are worth and usually flog them off on ebay.
    Damm that evil ebay

haha found a G1 scavenger about 5 yrs ago for $0.40...salvos goodwood rd

I found a G1 Blaster at a Life Line shop in Brisvegas, it had black permanent marker over the front deck but I thought I might be able to do something with it. Took it to the counter and asked the bitter old store cow how much, she replied by saying it's not for sale and that I'd gone into the unprocessed area. I apologised and asked if she could hold it for me, the response was 'No, it's a valuable collectible and we'll be sending it to another store once it's been processed'. I asked her which store and she said she can't tell me. Noice one!

Only place I find bargains these days is on ebay. Oh to have a Tardis and go back in time to the early 90's...I remember all these fantastic 2nd hand toy shops with He-Man, Dinorider, Transformers, Voltron etc toys by the bucketload! Great memories.

Still, ebay is our friend and with the strong Aussie dolla you can get some insane bargains. In only the last few months I've bought a MIB Takara Sixshot for $90, the 2 G1 Jumpstarters MIB for $15, Rubber Tyred Ultra Magnus for $50 & MIB Classic Heroes Prowl for $48. I forgot to bid on a MISB Henkei Red Alert recently which I would have won for $25 (it received no bids). >_<

Anyone else had much luck in the old 'bay-verse of late? Surely there's been lots of bargains snatched up!

This find isn't a transformers find but still brilliant, I refused to pay a friends price for a TMNT technodrome. A week went by and it got the better of me so I rang him and asked about it. He told me that he sold it on eBay for around $300 which was more than he had asked me for anyhow. So I let it go and tried to forget about it , got home from work that very Sunday and my fabulous wife had purchased me one for $10 from local Sunday market . However it was missing the large eyeball which sat on top. So I was happy but dissapointed about the eye. Next day we went for lunch and after went next door to a op shop. My wife yells out from back of store my name. I turn and see her holding up a gleaming technodrome eye. She dug threw a old box of childrens blocks and rubber duckie to see it at the bottom of box. So as you could imagine I was a very happy fellow . The end

what an amazing story, what are the odds off that happening! i picked up throttlebot rollbar from a recycling centre bout a year ago for $6, and he had a junker cup that he wanted $12 for,and i thought stuff that, my complete cup cost that off the bay. also i saw a g1 hot spot, but he'd probably want a rediculous amount for that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthprimus View Post
    This find isn't a transformers find but still brilliant, I refused to pay a friends price for a TMNT technodrome. A week went by and it got the better of me so I rang him and asked about it. He told me that he sold it on eBay for around $300 which was more than he had asked me for anyhow. So I let it go and tried to forget about it , got home from work that very Sunday and my fabulous wife had purchased me one for $10 from local Sunday market . However it was missing the large eyeball which sat on top. So I was happy but dissapointed about the eye. Next day we went for lunch and after went next door to a op shop. My wife yells out from back of store my name. I turn and see her holding up a gleaming technodrome eye. She dug threw a old box of childrens blocks and rubber duckie to see it at the bottom of box. So as you could imagine I was a very happy fellow . The end
    hmm wonder if its the same eyeball from the set she bought earlier? ooooh

lol nope shes not that sneaky.

I have this weird feeling that this pretty good op shop down the road has some kind of TF. My mind is telling me some sort of extremely small yellow car (IDK, a micromaster ) and Shockwave...

check it out. it'll only take 5 mins and you might find some real gems there. my wife late last year or earlier this year went to our local op shop and got about six full bags of TF's for $60 which included complete headmasters and targetmasters. i ended up giving about 70% away to other local collectors and fellow otca members.