Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (2012) Favourite Repaint/Remold?

Default (2012) Favourite Repaint/Remold?

What is your favourite remold/repaint for a TF figure? Could be from any line so long as it's a repaint or remold of an original mold.

Right now I'm really digging Terrocon Cliffjumper. The clear purple and the zombie-like quality makes him so badass

Opaque Bot Shots Sentinel Prime. He's just so cute. The only thing that could make him better is if they rereleased him in orange and blue.

That's Super Bot 001 to you! Btw, have you noticed how his battle stats are actually different from the regular Sentinel Prime? They're higher than regular Sentinel Prime's. So he's not just a repaint, but if you versed SuperBot 001 against Sentinel Prime, Super Bot 001 has better odds of winning (in the event of an initial tie)!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That's Super Bot 001 to you! Btw, have you noticed how his battle stats are actually different from the regular Sentinel Prime? They're higher than regular Sentinel Prime's. So he's not just a repaint, but if you versed SuperBot 001 against Sentinel Prime, Super Bot 001 has better odds of winning (in the event of an initial tie)!
    No, Goki - I said I like the opaque one. From the three-pack. And yes, I know the stats are different, they're similarly different in the online game.

What the... how the hell did I confuse opacity for transparency/translucency?!? <gives.myself.an.uppercut>

I think Sky-Byte is still a damn fine redeco (of a not so great toy).

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    I totally agree. It does a good job in salvaging what was a really ordinary design.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
    Both Sky-Bytes are, but I assumed the (2012) in the title meant we were picking from 2012 toys.

I haven't seen 2012 Sky Byte IRL for myself, but it looks neat in photos. I don't mind the Energon Sharkticon mould so much though. It's no where near as failtastic as TM2 Cybershark IMO.

Welp, apparently I can't read.

I don't even know what's come out this year! I'll say Dark Steel just because he's weird.