Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Olympic Glory

I Agree the Paralympics really does embody the true olympic spirit, they are not professional atheletes they do fit the amatuer bill and have to work twice as hard to compete.

it is disapointing these atheletes dont get the same respect, endorsments and coverage as able bodied professionals.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Woo! Australia's currently #2 in the medal tally! Was anyone else stoked about Dr. Stephen Hawking participating in the Opening Ceremony? Here are some photos from the opening...
    http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/glancevie...opening.glance

Australia still #2 in the medals thanks to 12 gold.

My friend broke her second WR in her second (and pet) event, the 500m time trial. She ended up adding a second bronze to her Paralympic haul, one in London to add to her one from Beijing. It's an excellent result as she was reclassified after Beijing into the very competitive C class, she would have blitzed the D class riders and was once again only beaten by higher ranked C class (C2, C3) riders in this event.

I'm hoping she can pull out something amazing in the road races, but she is mostly doing them for the experience.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

*necromances thread*

Aussie BMX rider now in medically induced coma after sustaining head injury during competition in Brisbane. He's in a critical but stable condition.
    https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2...er-injury.html