Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KO Abominous alert

So glad I already have Abominus. If I didn't already have these toys, I would try to get them ASAP -- before the KOs start proliferating the aftermarket.

I just saw a listing for loose Abominus in an auction site, being sold among other 'remakes'. Not eBay, but I expect they will pop up
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I'm just going to link to the image, rather than providing a direct link to the site. If you're curious enough and savvy, you'd be able to find it anyway, but per the board's policy on not actively promoting toys that infringe on Has/Tak IP I won't provide the hyperlink

The combiner Abominous is being listed for preorder on various stores. I'm not sure whether these are just stock photos of someone's loose collection, or the final product. But if you start to see many loose but complete pieces of this combiner team on ebay, consider yourself forewarned
    They are loose? Not in packaging?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinta63 View Post
    They are loose? Not in packaging?
    If they are, that's even worse as they will intermix with loose legit samples. You won't know if the accessory you bought is legit or not.

Thank goodness Ive completed these guys way before. 2nd combiner I ever got actually. The previous KOs released had obvious differences like brighter whites and cheap looking plastic easily spotted even in pics. plus they had incomplete members which was swapped with 2 members from Computron - this one looks all solid to from Abominus , hmmmm tis getting harder to spot.

Makes me think though could there be an Encore Abominus on the pipeline and somehow these molds are somehow "leaked" that the KO makers rush to make their own? I don't wanna be a conspiracy advocate or something but the factory IP security in China isn't exactly exemplary.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Yeah, I dont know why they keep making combiners - I mean they don't sell for that much (160-200) and the prices for g1 transformers has dropped considerably in the last 12 months.
    I guess it's the available mold that they have. Erm mebbe some G1s but not all hehehe. Cmooooon Overlord get your freaking price down down down!!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

And I just learned who Abominous was 5 minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    And I just learned who Abominous was 5 minutes ago.
    Just 5 minutes ago, have you watched the G1 show.
    He's like my second favourite combiner.

Not every episode. Nearly there. Seen him though. Not exactly my fave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Not every episode. Nearly there. Seen him though. Not exactly my fave.
    Yeah I have always failed to see the appeal. Both in the toy and in fiction.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain