Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: Mastermind Creations

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Looks like this will be my second 3rd party combiner. Any word on scale? I'm guessing they'll be in line with Herc which is a shame for me, but these are just too cool.
    Predaking is the biggest G1 combiner so I welcome a Hercules scale.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have it on good authority that the end-resulting MMC Predaking will be extremely comparable to that of TFC's Hercules, with the intention of scaling to the established Fansproject/Maketoys gestalts.
    (The reasoning being that Predaking was & is the largest combiner of the lot and should reflect that fact )

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I have it on good authority that the end-resulting MMC Predaking will be extremely comparable to that of TFC's Hercules, with the intention of scaling to the established Fansproject/Maketoys gestalts.
    (The reasoning being that Predaking was & is the largest combiner of the lot and should reflect that fact )
    There hasn't been any cartoon episodes or comic issues featuring this, but who is larger between Predaking and Monstructor?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    There hasn't been any cartoon episodes or comic issues featuring this, but who is larger between Predaking and Monstructor?
    Monstructor fictionally has always been depicted as large despite the 'Micromasteresque' nature of the toys. However I don't recall any appearance with other combiners so his scale is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Well in the toys and toon anyway.

I don't mind either way how big he is as let's not forget the Marvel comic depicted him as pretty standard size (or smaller) for a combiner, the UK comic even went as far as to award Devestator the title of tallest combiner. So it's all variable.

The size of Gestalts has always interested me. Example, if the Predacons are proper animal size, then surely Predaking would be the smallest combiner? Superion would be the biggest (5 jets). the only real unknown sizes would be the Terrorcons and Monstructor. Maybe the Seacons as well?

Thats of course ignoring mass shifting...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well in the toys and toon anyway.

I don't mind either way how big he is as let's not forget the Marvel comic depicted him as pretty standard size (or smaller) for a combiner, the UK comic even went as far as to award Devestator the title of tallest combiner. So it's all variable.
    I know that fictional is variable but to me, G1 Predaking has always been the largest combiner due to the size of the toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The size of Gestalts has always interested me. Example, if the Predacons are proper animal size, then surely Predaking would be the smallest combiner? Superion would be the biggest (5 jets). the only real unknown sizes would be the Terrorcons and Monstructor. Maybe the Seacons as well?

Thats of course ignoring mass shifting...
    You have to ignore quite a bit for the 'realism' theory to work re. G1 combiner sizes. Defensor has a patrol car and a patrol bike as legs of roughly equal size, and arms made from a helicopter and an ambulance which are both also of equal size. Bruticus has tank and jeep legs the same size, and helicopter and space shuttle arms the same size. And they're all roughly the same size as each other.

AFAIK the Predacons are usually depicted as Transformer-scaled animals, kind of like the Dinobots are way larger than their real-life equivalent counterparts were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    You have to ignore quite a bit for the 'realism' theory to work re. G1 combiner sizes. Defensor has a patrol car and a patrol bike as legs of roughly equal size, and arms made from a helicopter and an ambulance which are both also of equal size. Bruticus has tank and jeep legs the same size, and helicopter and space shuttle arms the same size. And they're all roughly the same size as each other.
    I guess that makes Superion, Menasor and Devestator the most realisitc combiners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post

AFAIK the Predacons are usually depicted as Transformer-scaled animals, kind of like the Dinobots are way larger than their real-life equivalent counterparts were.
    Just to add to the confusion they are not exceptionally large robots (Razorclaw and co were depicted as the same size as Brawl and the other combiners) yet they turn into a larger combined robot in the toon.

But then I guess the rules of Transformer size are that a Transformer can be any size they want to be if the story demands it.

Personally I don't see any reason Predaking needs to be the biggest with these new toys, as long as he is a size that looks good with some of his comrades that will be enough.

Given how volatile scale is in Transformers, I think it really comes down to individual preference. To me Predaking should be bigger due to the 'Feral' animal theme which is also influenced by the G1 toy size.