Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    So here is my decision to make :
    I have reissue Fort Max on Pre order which should ship in a couple of weeks, while I was waiting for it I threw a bid at an original Fort Max on evil bay and somehow won it for a fair price, it was shipped on Friday so will be here shortly.
    The cost for both of these combined is quite a chunk of change so I have to decide whether to keep both which limits my purchases for a while or do I sell one off? And then which one to sell?
    I have always craved an original as it's a grail but the reissue would be so minty for display
    Any thoughts on this tough one?
    Too me the orig always going to be better ...and better in value as a collectible in the long run as well ... but if it badly beaten up then the reissue ... so it just depends on the orig condition .

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    So here is my decision to make :
    I have reissue Fort Max on Pre order which should ship in a couple of weeks, while I was waiting for it I threw a bid at an original Fort Max on evil bay and somehow won it for a fair price, it was shipped on Friday so will be here shortly.
    The cost for both of these combined is quite a chunk of change so I have to decide whether to keep both which limits my purchases for a while or do I sell one off? And then which one to sell?
    I have always craved an original as it's a grail but the reissue would be so minty for display
    Any thoughts on this tough one?
    But could you actually afford to keep both?

Well yeah I could but not sure it's worth having both when I could spend that on other TFs I don't have.

I would keep the reissue and sell the original. Unless the original is one you had from when you were a kid I don't see the point. I'd rather have a fresh minty new one with everything than an old one. To me people wanting the original is purely a financial decision, if its original, it's worth more. If you gave someone the choice of 2 Fort Max' 1 an original and 1 a reissue, for the same price, with the knowledge that both will henceforth forever sell for the same price, most would pick the reissue.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah, I'd go the reissue as well. Not to dis G1 originals, which are awesome and have their place in collections, but minty trumps age for me.

I'd go for the reissue. The reissue is gonna offer you infinitely better value for money than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I would keep the reissue and sell the original. Unless the original is one you had from when you were a kid I don't see the point. I'd rather have a fresh minty new one with everything than an old one. To me people wanting the original is purely a financial decision, if its original, it's worth more. If you gave someone the choice of 2 Fort Max' 1 an original and 1 a reissue, for the same price, with the knowledge that both will henceforth forever sell for the same price, most would pick the reissue.
    ^Totally agree. And resale value only matters if you actually intend on selling the toy later on!

After my recent issue with Myer, my local store has offered to give me a "better deal" on my next purchase. I was initially going to buy BH Voyager Optimus Prime at Myer under their current 20% sale, but after the way I was treated, decided not to and went and preordered a TakaraTOMY version (which has way nicer colours IMO) from HLJ.

So should I:
    a) Get a Hasbro Voyager BH Optimus Prime with a further discounted price (e.g. maybe $35 or less?) - Myer's sale ends tomorrow.
    b) Stick with getting the TakaraTOMY version and save my offer from Myer for a future TF release later down the track.

As I've preordered the TakTOM version, I'm getting it for the discounted price of 3200JPY (about $31) -- so including postage I'm guesstimating it'll cost approx. $45, which still below full AU RRP for this toy.

I'm leaning toward option B, but I'm curious to know what others would do if they were in my shoes.

I think you're in for a treat with the takara. Especially with the price. I'd stick with that personally.

B.
    Save the other for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I think you're in for a treat with the takara. Especially with the price. I'd stick with that personally.
    Agreed. Hasbro's snot-coloured green sword is far from deserving the name Star Saber.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!