Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

MP Bluestreak is coming out this w/e and MP Smokescreen in December. So should I get Bluestreak sent to me straight away, or hold on until December and have Bluestreak and Smokescreen shipped together in December?
    My mind is saying to wait... I do already have MP Prowl so having at least one version of the MP Datsun mould ought to satiate me until December... but my impatient heart is saying "I WANTS IT NOW!!"

Thoughts?

Considering you already have Prowl I'd wait if it saves you money on postage. If it doesn't then get it ASAP

Yeah... given the relatively smallish size/weight of the MP Nissans, I'd suspect it'd be cheaper to wait and combine.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The final version looks a tad odd due to the stark difference between the painted and unpainted plastic, so personally, I'd be inclined now to wait.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I ordered the Predacons Rising DVD/Blu Ray combo without thinking that Blu Rays are region coded too... and of course, my PS3 is my only BR player and doesn't play overseas regions (and knowing Sony, it'd be hardwired to do so). So I reckon my options are:
    a) Sell the Blu Ray off separately. I could easily enough buy a spare BR case and I'd let the buyer keep the outside cardboard sleeve. I'd be willing to sell it for $10.
    b) Purchase a separate Blu Ray player that can be region hacked through the remote. Thing is... this is the only non Australian BR I own. Seems a bit odd to buy another BR player just to play one disk. Unless I get a cheap generic brand, but even they're about $100 I think.
    c) Just keep the BR disc even though I can't watch it. Uuh... I don't see the point in owning a Blu Ray that I'm not going to watch. Makes about as much sense to me as buying a toy I'm not going to play with.

Thoughts?

Okay, after speaking w/ my colleagues I've decided to keep the BR disc. It's not taking up any additional space since both discs are in the same case so... yeah. Maybe one day in the future I might get a BR player that can play all regions.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Over 80% of blu-rays are already region free.

Personally, I use sites like regionfreemovies.com to check. They've never done me wrong so far, and I've been lucky enough that even when I've gambled, it's been fine and plays.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

you can always use the bluray and back it up on the comp and watch it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Over 80% of blu-rays are already region free.

Personally, I use sites like regionfreemovies.com to check. They've never done me wrong so far, and I've been lucky enough that even when I've gambled, it's been fine and plays.
    By any chance is the Shout Factory TFP season 2 Blu-ray region free? I'm sick of waiting for Madman.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    By any chance is the Shout Factory TFP season 2 Blu-ray region free? I'm sick of waiting for Madman.
    It's Region 1. But unless your player is something like a Sony (which are hardwired to Region 4), you should be able to use the remote to set your player to play all regions. I brought my Shout Factory TFPS2 DVDs to Cairns earlier this year and the DVD player in our resort room was set on Region 4... so I reset it to Region 0 and it was all good.

I use my PS3 to watch Blu Rays, which is Sony, so it's hardwired and the region coding cannot be manually reset.