Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1828333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

Red armada overload for $30? Seems a bit steep but it's either him or Armada Cyclonus

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I recommend looking at someone else's Trypticon before deciding. Try before you buy.
    Yeah, how many people you know in Gladstone that have a Trypticon?

It would be an easier decision if someone that's good at Transformers reviews like Peaugh, Baltmatrix or (shudders) Optibotimus had a review up. Maybe if I wait a little while he will be reviewed now that he is on Amazon.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I had to Google where Gladstone is. I don't think that Trypticon is going to sell out any time soon (not from TRU anyway), so perhaps next time you're in Brisbane or any other major city, you can try to organise a fan meet and see if anyone can bring a Trypticon along. It's a 29 year old toy, so I'm sure there would be loads of reviews on this toy. But given your uncertainty on this toy, I would recommend waiting until you have the opportunity to see this toy for yourself IRL before deciding. Trypticon is by no means a cheap toy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't think that Trypticon is going to sell out any time soon (not from TRU anyway)
    Yeah even with the crappy exchange rate Trypticon is the cheapest at Amazon at about $230 AUD before shipping. If I saw a decent review from a reviewer I trust I'd be willing to take a chance on him at that price given he is not a typical Transformer design.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Optibotimus has a review of Trypticon

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HUCgGExGInQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Wow, how did YouTube's search not come up with this video? Anyone know someone that works at YouTube?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

*Sigh* He still says 'rotate' for every step of transformation.
    And 'not too terrible'.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Yeah even with the crappy exchange rate Trypticon is the cheapest at Amazon at about $230 AUD before shipping.
    That's still a lot of money, especially after factoring in the cost of shipping. IMO if you're going to be throwing that much money at a toy, then you want to be damn sure that you absolutely want it. I just think that it's a lot of be spending just to experience buyer's regret later on, especially given your previous comments reflecting your uncertainty about even wanting this toy.
    Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    *Sigh* He still says 'rotate' for every step of transformation.
    And 'not too terrible'.
    This is why I strongly recommend just seeing the toy for yourself. There's really only so much even a video review can tell you about a toy. Here's dirge's review, which is quite comprehensive.

Is G1 Trypticon worth getting? I'm really curious about him, but I'm not normally collecting G1 any more so I'm conflicted as to if I should buy him when I get paid next week. I normally restrict myself to CHUG and MP.
    I'd say no. I bought the Platinum edition and while kinda cool, all it did was remind me why I don't bother with G1 anymore. I have since collected a whole heap of legends class figures (thanks Sinnertwin ) and when my son is old enough, Trypticon and Generations Metroplex and the legends class toys will be his to have city wars!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Red armada overload for $30? Seems a bit steep but it's either him or Armada Cyclonus
    Red Overload. He's just a brick, but he looks imposingly fantastic even without Prime to combine with - just like Energon Wing Saber. $30 doesn't sound steep since he's a whole class size up from Armada Cyclonus.

Yeah even with the crappy exchange rate Trypticon is the cheapest at Amazon at about $230 AUD before shipping. If I saw a decent review from a reviewer I trust I'd be willing to take a chance on him at that price given he is not a typical Transformer design.
    Waiting is a good idea, if not for a better exchange rate, then perhaps for news of whether Hasbro ends up releasing him as a Titan-class next year. Unless you're really set on the G1 version I wouldn't dive in at a high price.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!