Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Decision Thread

United (gun) Megatron or TW-01 Hegemon. I'm leaning towards Hegemon, since his appearance appeals to me more.

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    United (gun) Megatron or TW-01 Hegemon. I'm leaning towards Hegemon, since his appearance appeals to me more.
    Both.

I can only afford one or the other...-_- Both look really good. (well it is Megs)

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Giant type 61 or Hercules?
    I don't buy the 3rd Party toys but I am very close to buying Green Giant. I think it looks awesome in comparison. Extra details on the truck modes make the toys look more realistic to the more toy-like Hercules and make the combined form very impressive.

I have these guys like this.

But recently have acquired these empty boxes.

Should I make the switch and ditch the US boxes?

The only thing I really prefer on the US ones is the artwork. I prefer it to the fat-hands versions on the TFC boxes...

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I have these guys like this.

But recently have acquired these empty boxes.

Should I make the switch and ditch the US boxes?

The only thing I really prefer on the US ones is the artwork. I prefer it to the fat-hands versions on the TFC boxes...
    So cut the artwork out and ditch the boxes? Or flatten the US boxes and ditch the innards.
    Considering that you're still a minor (and thus unable to apply for a VIC Gunformer permit), I would recommend United Megatron. There are no legal restrictions on United Megatron. If you want Hegemon then an adult in your household would need to get the permit.* Be aware that obtaining the permit has certain requirements, and if VIC laws are like NSW, then it'd include:
    + The toy must be kept in secured storage. Does not need to be wall mounted, but it must have a lock on it.
    + The room where the toy is stored must have a lock on the door and any windows.
    + If the room where the toy is stored is on the ground floor, then there must also be security bars/grill outside the window (if it is upstairs, then you are exempt from this rule).

----------------------------------------
    *if you want to become the owner of this toy after you turn 18, then the former adult owner may opt not to renew their permit when it expires, and you can then apply for the permit under your name. All the secure storage stuff would already be set up for you.

Hegemon isn't classified under these rules though, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I'm getting back into collecting and I'm trying to decide between 3 figures.

1) TM2 Megatron
    2) any Takara Reissue G1 Megatron
    3) MP-11 Starscream

I have a Season 1 and TM Megatron so I'm not sure TM2 Megs is really needed in the collection. I have a MISB G1 Megatron but I'd still like one to put loose on my Megatron/Galvatron shelf. And I am a big Seekers fan and have one of each of the other Takara MP's including the MP-03 USA edition, so MP-11 would be a replacement.
    TM2 Megatron (BW fan bias). Definitely my favourite out of all the BW Megatron incarnations. In concept, it seems very simple to stand a dragon up and have his head become the left arm, but the transformation is slightly more difficult than the previous two Megatrons. The end result is a very well executed and playable toy

Definitely Hegemon (which I am still yet to own, and also note my bias towards superior ingenuity ). United Megatron probably has the nicest paint job out of the 3 available versions, but its still a crud toy -- unless you plan on keeping it in alt mode as a pew pew blaster. Arm/leg articulation does not feel sufficient for a post-BW toy, and comparably less playable than its Wave-mates Classics Prime and Classics Jetfire.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Speaking of Hedgemon, there's a shop on bourke st that has one in the store for like $199 to my memory and a MP-05 Megatron for $400, doubt they have a gun license to sell it.

Hegemon isn't classified under these rules though, IIRC.
    http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/images/...mon-toyalt.jpg
    ^That looks like it's modelled after G1 Megatron's Walther P38 gun mode. Remember that the law covers replica gun toys, it doesn't single out individual toys like "MP Megatron," or "G1 Megatron," or "Browning" etc. If the toy's alt mode is modelled after an actual gun and it can be held like a gun, then it can be classified as a replica firearm. My suspicion is that this toy would be classified as a replica firearm.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=34442
    ^Click and download the PDF file called "Quick Guide to Imitation, Toy & Other firearm paraphernalia." Scroll down to where it says "Toy Firearms" and take note of 'defining characteristic' #3:
    -----------------------------------------
    (Toy firearms) have a resemblance to a firearm, however their appearance
    cannot be mistaken for a working firearm by a reasonable person
    due to the presence of at least one of the following characteristics:
    • Their shape and size is of a kind not associated with a working
    firearm; and/or
    • The barrel and/or butt is of a colour not normally associated with a
    working firearm, particularly if it is bright, fluorescent, or multi
    coloured; and/or
    • The composition suggests it is clearly manufactured using material
    of a kind not associated with a working firearm—such as
    transparent or coloured plastic.

-----------------------------------------
    Hegemon's shape and size resembles a Walther P-38. United Megatron's alt mode is a Nerf N-Strike Maverick toy. When I first got Henkei Megatron, I asked the Megatron Club if I needed to keep that toy in safe storage, but I was told it wasn't necessary as this toy doesn't fall under the classification of an imitation firearm.

Victoria Police Centre Switchboard: 92476666 (Weekdays 7:00-19:00)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Speaking of Hedgemon, there's a shop on bourke st that has one in the store for like $199 to my memory and a MP-05 Megatron for $400, doubt they have a gun license to sell it.
    Well there you have it. If a store needs a licence to sell that toy, surely people would equally need a permit to own one.

Btw, it's "Hegemon," not "Hedgemon" (say "Heg (rhyming with "beg") - eh -mon"). It Greek for "dominator." I'm not into 3rd Party toys, but I must admit that Hegemon is a really clever and awesome name for this toy.