Page 77 of 81 FirstFirst ... 5767727374757677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Universe/Classics 2.0 Sightings

Saw Universe Special Edition (all of the, though there were only two Overkills and one Dragstrip) at Toys R Us Hurstville for $40. OUCH. Kmart there also had wave 3 Deluxes.

Target has jack, as usual. They've been pretty awful with Transformers this year.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Saw Universe Special Edition (all of the, though there were only two Overkills and one Dragstrip) at Toys R Us Hurstville for $40. OUCH. Kmart there also had wave 3 Deluxes.

Target has jack, as usual. They've been pretty awful with Transformers this year.
    You haven't seen a crappy target until you've seen "target deer park". This store is possibly the crappest of the crap. They have 30cm of space on ONE shelf dedicated to the entire tf line. I've only ever seen 1 sunstreaker there + 2 leader class animated primes for ages now...and top it off the store is a always a complete mess. Don't even know if they turnover a profit on their toy section.

I noticed that whoopie. Target Deer Park never had anything. Luckily there's at least 5 other nearby Targets (well maybe not too near but within a 5 km radius). Airport West and Highpoint appear to be well stock for our side of town in regards to Target.

Quote Originally Posted by jgon2098 View Post
    For those universe lovers residing in sydney.

Broadway Kmart:

21.49 each for sideswipe, acid storm, silverstreak

only one left of each

couple of onsalughts left, and one powerglide
    thanks dude, i was thinking about silverstreak.. broadways a bit of a trek tho

If anyone out that way can snag me a Sideswipe on sale it would be mucho appreciated.

Sighted Universe SEs at TRU... $39.99

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    OUCH.
    +1 QFT

Quote Originally Posted by FFN
    I find Target are awful with Transformers period with the exception of Target exclusives and the movie toys. (-_-)

The last time Target were any good for Transformers was Energon. I saw the entire Energon assortment (all classes) in late 2003 at Parra Westfields Target, before that store went to hell in terms of shelving arrangement, cleanliness and toy stock.

None of the other stores in the center had all of the stuff at once.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

After a lot of searching, I discovered that Moore Park Toys 'R' Us has two Universe Special Edition Optimus Primes, one Megatron and one Drag Strip. Unfortunately for me, there were no Overkills, and he was my sole reason for going there. The toys were hidden when I got there - yes, I had to search for them. They are now out on show - towards the right hand side of the Transformers section.

The toys may have been hidden because the TRU staff didn't know where to put them. It could also have been because a child had hidden them. The third - somewhat annoying - possibility is that a human with the mentality of a child had hidden them. If number three is correct then I hope they grow up. The only way anyone has 'dibs' on a toy is if they actually purchase it. I spent a long time searching to see if an Overkill was hidden too - it seemed odd to find the other three characters (two Primes) and not him. I sincerely hope someone has bought all the Overkills, because I would be very cranky to discover that they were in the store somewhere I didn't look, hidden behind some My Little Ponies or whatever.

On a more positive note... I suppose I now have an extra $40 to spend on Christmas presents.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I find Target are awful with Transformers period with the exception of Target exclusives and the movie toys. (-_-)
    I find they're awful even for their own exclusives. In the Targets I've visited I've found a total of two Animated Rescue Ratchets (I bought one) and no Stealth Lockdowns. (If anyone's seen any Stealth Lockdowns in Sydney recently, please let me know.)

PM sent, though it might be in vain.