Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121727 ... LastLast

Thread: Universe/Classics 2.0 Sightings

Keep watching Diamond Comics List. Universe Deluxes was on it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Tankor, eh? Don't give in to the Dark side, his name is Octane
    I'm not really up to scratch with G1 toys/characters besides the main cast. Rest assured that after comparing this "Octane" with G1 Octane, the alt modes on this Universe 2.0 is forced and awful. Moreso than Classics Astrotrain. Robot mode is great though except for the short stumpy arms. Think Classic Hot Rod's arms. Similar deal with the long shoulders and short arms. Not helped by his very lanky arms. Nice weapons though. 6/10

Sunstreaker is just plain awesome. Amazing looking alt mode with nary a seam ruining the alt look and an equally striking robot mode. Just a bit of advice that upon conversion when lowering the bonnet, only tilt it up to 135* from the original position (45* pointing on an agle towards the ground), it's not meant to sit flush on his back. Because I forced it down and thought it looked wrong and really loose. His arms were really low like halfway down his torso. The weapon is a bit pathetic, just a clump of grey plastic. Watch out for the shoulders though, it's a bit tricky. 9/10

Prowl is also a great figure although I'm not keen on the new trend of painting over clear plastic. In this case is the door and the sides up front. It contrasts in hue (like Animated BB) but not as obvious in white at least. Seams are everywhere which ruins the alt mode a bit. Conversion is fantastic and recalls many of the TFM conversions. The wings flip out like Barricades arms, the arms and wings fold out like Bumblebee and the head pops out similarly to Swindle's head. Bot mode is where Prowl really shines. Looks fantastic and the little gun he gets is just right. 8/10
    Last edited by Stompy; 19th July 2008 at 02:44 PM.

To be fair, the original Octane's alt modes had some shortcomings. The truck mode needs a giant add-on chrome cover and the plane mode needs the tailfin and has a few random things sticking out.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

That's dissapointing. Add-on's are cheating. I thought the bot mode looked a bit small and bare compared to the large alt modes.

Oh it's sad to see that the heat sensetive insignia stickers are gone from Universe 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Oh it's sad to see that the heat sensetive insignia stickers are gone from Universe 2.0.
    Poop!

Are they on existing Henkeis?

Just did an ebay search for in-package pics of Henkei figures and looking at Bumblebee, the heat sensetive sticker has been replaced by a painted over insignia. Unless they come with appliable stickers. Looking at Astrotrain shows there's no heat sensetive sticker on where it's supposed to be.

Oh also, regarding Sunstreakers bonnet transformation. I have mistransformed mine and should actually sit flush on his back. I just needed to fully pull the boonet right up first. I only did it halfway. *blushes*

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    They were down to just 2 Tankor's when I was there at about 5:30pm. Glad I called (they had 4 of each at time of call) and put the figs on hold.
    Went into Minotaur late last night (8:30ish). They still had Prowl, Streaker and Octane.

Odd. At the time I was there, it was just two Octanes on the pegs. They must peg them 2 at a time?

HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH

I'm going nuts, i will end up getting more Animated if these don't hurry up!!!!!

K-Mart Broadway had Legends Onslaught (x2) and Starscream (x1).