Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Thunder, thunder, thunder, ThunderCATS!

Got wilykat. Cancelled on 4" winged mumm-ra since the price matches 6" version

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Got wilykat. Cancelled on 4" winged mumm-ra since the price matches 6" version
    Are the 4" versions $7 too? I thought they were on clearance for $4? Or have the 6" figures come down in price?
    Uncle Pete is also carrying TC playsets. Saw Thundertank and Omens today, i think that they were about $20-$30 each. I only had a quick look on the way home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Are the 4" versions $7 too? I thought they were on clearance for $4? Or have the 6" figures come down in price?
    Uncle Pete is also carrying TC playsets. Saw Thundertank and Omens today, i think that they were about $20-$30 each. I only had a quick look on the way home.
    The winged version is not available here in the 4" line. You're right about the price.

I paid $5 for wilykat since he's not available here.

Wanted to complete the set and get Grune and winged Mumm-ra on evil-bay.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    The winged version is not available here in the 4" line. You're right about the price.

I paid $5 for wilykat since he's not available here.

Wanted to complete the set and get Grune and winged Mumm-ra on evil-bay.

That's right, it's just the one with the robe available here along with the larger version.
    Gotcha

The original cartoon is now on iTunes $7.99 a volume with 30 odd eps a volume

Season 1 Vol 1
    Season 1 Vol 2
    Season 2 Vol 1
    Season 2 Vol 2

Awesome price
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I must admit. A lot fo cartoons I loved as a child, did not age well. Not neccessarily animation being a problem. Its more like the episodes themselves. Thundercats aged ok... I guess. Visionaries aged pretty badly as did Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Silverhawks and a few more. But in the end, if you grew up with these series, I think you buy them more for the nostalgia and the 'Oh god, I can't believe I loved this as a child' factor.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    I must admit. A lot fo cartoons I loved as a child, did not age well. Not neccessarily animation being a problem. Its more like the episodes themselves. Thundercats aged ok... I guess. Visionaries aged pretty badly as did Dino Riders, M.A.S.K., Silverhawks and a few more. But in the end, if you grew up with these series, I think you buy them more for the nostalgia and the 'Oh god, I can't believe I loved this as a child' factor.
    Yep, i totally agree. I tried to watch M A S K the other week and had to turn it off. All the action scenes were bad and the dialog is terrible.
    Loved that show though!!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Yep, i totally agree. I tried to watch M A S K the other week and had to turn it off. All the action scenes were bad and the dialog is terrible.
    Loved that show though!!
    Ditto. Bought the box set & it was pure arse.
    Same with He Man & Voltron. I couldnt watch more than 2-3 episodes, it was a case of lather, rinse & repeat.
    Surprisingly, i enjoyed G.I Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Yes, it is hard to see why I loved those shows. Animation quality was inconsistent, plots were overly simple ... but then again, I think as a kid I only yearned to see good triumph over evil in the space of 30 minutes and so perhaps the cartoons were good enough in this sense.

I still think Galaxy Rangers was one of the more interesting cartoons, but it could not escape the problem of inconsistent animation quality.