Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: discovery of new Diaclone - black Countach LP500S (aka Sideswipe)

Man they loved that mould

Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?

Sorry had to do it

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

I only read post #1 and hadn't clicked on the link so I didn't get the full story. My bad.

heroic_decepticon - The Indiana Jones of OTCA Congrats mate!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thanks guys for reading and for the kind words.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Ooh!
    I look forward to reading this when I get back from the Parra Fair HD!
    Look forward to your thoughts, as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Thats crazy for it not to have turned up before! It doesn't appear on any diaclone catalogues or advertising at all? A truly great find HD - maz has done an excellent job on documenting the reasearch as well. I bet you have had offers for it already!
    That's the difficulty we had with it - why was this not in any catalogue and never documented in any way shape or form? How could no one have ever come across this before?

Actually, now that we've posted our findings, there are 1 or 2 Italian collectors that claim to have seen it on auction before but just dismissed it. (not sure how true though).

Offers are landsliding in now, more so than even for the Marlboor Wheeljack. It's insane. But I'm going to keep it, for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I only read post #1 and hadn't clicked on the link so I didn't get the full story. My bad.
    Have a read Gok, I do believe it is good reading. In fact, it was exactly your thoughts that we had in mind when we first saw this - shouldn't it be a PCDX black Countach?

We did say in the article that we suspect this was meant as the intermediate release after red Countach, but was canned due to it looking "uninteresting". Then the revived the idea for PCDX giftset in 1985 but changed some colours and gave it nice gold stickers.

Molding wise, this piece is completely unique and near impossible to fake to that level (see Maz's article). It's possible to though, but someone would have had to go to a lot of trouble to do it.

I'm not sure what your Japanese is like but didn't you ask the Herogangu owner how he thinks it was released originally?

Why don't you try contacting Shogo Hasui on Twitter to see if he can shed some light on this, since he's doing MP Sideswipe, maybe he knows something or could ask someone older at Takara Tomy?

If you need my wife to pen a tweet in Japanese, let me know
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 21st August 2012 at 02:03 PM.

I can't seem to find a contact/email link on Diaclone.net... otherwise I'd recommend contacting that site admin. <shrug>

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I'm not sure what your Japanese is like but didn't you ask the Herogangu owner how he thinks it was released originally?

Why don't you try contacting Shogo Hasui on Twitter to see if he can shed some light on this, since he's doing MP Sideswipe, maybe he knows something or could ask someone older at Takara Tomy?

If you need my wife to pen a tweet in Japanese, let me know
    My Japanese language are non-existent. Only talk to the guy in English. Anyway, he usually says its from old factory stock.

I'm interested to talk to someone potentially in the know, but I'm not sure what sort of short message would be appropriate for your wife to pen? Perhaps start by point him to the articles /photos?

I just tweeted him so we'll see if anything comes back!

It says: "Hasui san, does anyone at Takara Tomy have information on Diaclone single-pack black LP500S that was recently discovered?" plus the link!
    Last edited by kurdt_the_goat; 22nd August 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I just tweeted him so we'll see if anything comes back!

It says: "Hasui san, does anyone at Takara Tomy have information on Diaclone single-pack black LP500S that was recently discovered?" plus the link!
    Any response from him?

Nothing i'm afraid