View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Via Twitter, it seems they are working an update to even out the MP classes a little.

Info here http://www.highmoon.com/community/hm...nce-update-921

Interesting to see this, I knew they did a bit of this with Street Fighter, but didn't realise it went on with other games as well.

On another note, last night I managed to successfully terrorise a team consisting of a Destroyer and a Titan with my infiltrator. Managed to take them both out in the Convoy map. Very pleased. Did it more than once as well. I ended up with a kill streak of four. The game didn't have many other players, 2 on each team. My other teammate was a destroyer who seemed happy enough camping in the one area, I decided to test out the speed and effectiveness of an infiltrator and did some predator style attacking!

Was good fun (for me anyway )

Things I liked

The game story was better. The integration between the Autobot and Decepticon levels was good and the story flowed with a sense of urgency.

The interplay between Jazz and Cliffjumper in their two levels was quite fun, as was the Combaticon interaction.

The final level was great and I liked that you could choose which side you wanted to play for the final battle.

Some things I didn't like

Lack of boss battles. The first game had interesting memorable showdowns (like Zeta Prime, Soundwave and minicons, Starscream) and two big bosses at the end of each campaign. This game seemed to replace it with countdown/races/endurance events instead. The closest thing was Jazz vs Bruticus I guess.

Handholding. The direction you needed to go, the lever you needed to pull, there didn't seem to be much thinking to be done. (At least you could go off and explore in search of the audio logs and blueprints).

Yeah, even Bruticus was a pretty tame boss compared to Omega Supreme and Trypticon... though I found Trypticon to be frustratingly hard. (gamer noobz is me)

Anyone else having trouble with the photon burst rifle in multiplayer? I aim perfectly but it barely gets them. (maybe my mouse is not in sync properly? I think scientists are a little underpowered, but damn that assault rifle smashes!(even if it takes a whole magazine to kill) I, being a scientist myself, (plus playing on a laptop), have found it quite hard to kill titans with any gun. But anyway, great game, inspired me to build a Foc Grimlock costume. Wish me luck. 9/10.

I keep transforming when trying to strafe/dodge in robot mode... not sure if I'm unconsciously pressing L3 as I push it in a direction though, but I swear sometimes it really doesn't feel like I'm pressing and I transform -- and get blown to pieces, instead of dodging like I intended. Damn it.

Been encountering some really annoying players with their mics on PSN too... one guy was whistling as he was playing, another was some kid who kept yelling at his mum while playing, another was a man who was listening to some music (stupid blasphemous non-TF music) and singing along to it into his mic!, and last night there was some kid who had his TV volume so damn loud, I could hear all of the sounds through my TV (so it sounded like I was playing inside a sardine can). These people are all so freakin' annoying... anyone who can tell me how I can mute these players on PSN receives a free TF product from me! (seriously) Someone suggested plugging a headset into it, but that didn't work. Surely there's a proper player mute function somewhere!

I agree that Scientists are underpowered, but I don't mind. It compensates for their air superiority and healing ability -- gotta give them some kind of Achilles' Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Been encountering some really annoying players with their mics on PSN too...
    Common complaint. As far as I am aware, there is no common mute mic issue. It varies from game to game, so we need to wait for high moon to slap one in there.

Please High Moon, Pleeeeaaaase!!

I should actually use my mic, then I can remind people they aren't alone....

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Common complaint. As far as I am aware, there is no common mute mic issue. It varies from game to game, so we need to wait for high moon to slap one in there.

Please High Moon, Pleeeeaaaase!!

I should actually use my mic, then I can remind people they aren't alone....
    sometimes i turn on my wireless mic, then i just mute the microphone that way i dont hear them through my tv and they dont hear me

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Anyone else having trouble with the photon burst rifle in multiplayer? I aim perfectly but it barely gets them. (maybe my mouse is not in sync properly? I think scientists are a little underpowered, but damn that assault rifle smashes!(even if it takes a whole magazine to kill) I, being a scientist myself, (plus playing on a laptop), have found it quite hard to kill titans with any gun. But anyway, great game, inspired me to build a Foc Grimlock costume. Wish me luck. 9/10.
    ive been loving the burst rifle lately, and have been taking down titans with ease. but im on ps3 soooo maybe there is a difference??

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    sometimes i turn on my wireless mic, then i just mute the microphone that way i dont hear them through my tv and they dont hear me
    That's a good tip.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I agree that Scientists are underpowered, but I don't mind. It compensates for their air superiority and healing ability -- gotta give them some kind of Achilles' Heal.
    My favourite class is scientist, only class i ever get a 10 kill streak (Just practice using them and you become better with them, tip use the sentry with the slow down beam and photon rifle with additional ammo upgrade and aim for the head). I find myself sucking using the destroyer class.