View Poll Results: How do you rate the FOC game?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

28 65.12%
  • Good

10 23.26%
  • Passable

3 6.98%
  • Terrible

2 4.65%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Game Review - Fall of Cybertron

Quote Originally Posted by drahsrebu View Post
    I haven't tried it in days now, I just don't wanna be disappointed.

PS3
    XBOX

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    XBOX
    Blasphemy !!

Maybe it's your particular PS3? I've logged a lot of time on my FoC on PS3 and had no issues at all. I thought it froze during a multiplayer host migration, but it turned out I'd lost my Internet connection at the router.

I done a bit of googling and it seems to be a common issue, however mine only started doing it after I had completed the game and was on my second play through. It only affected this game and none of my others.

I have deleted my game data ( not game save data) and reinstalled and updated and so far no freezing in mp or sp. fingers crossed.

Just finished the single player campaign which was pretty good. Intense ending. Playing as Grimlock was fun.

Played one game of escalation through all 15 waves.

It was slow. A fair bit slower then WFC and a poo load slower then most other multiplayer games i'm used to. Maybe it's because I played as Quake and in WFC I never liked the tanks because they were too slow for my liking. I much prefer the quick and nimble characters.

I'll give it another go tomorrow.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

So I recently got the game and I find this harder than WfC although... it could be just I suck at 3rd person shooters on the console (better at it on PC).

One thing I noticed and I don't know if its the disk, my PS3 or bad luck but my game tends to freeze on cutscenes at random times. Anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    One thing I noticed and I don't know if its the disk, my PS3 or bad luck but my game tends to freeze on cutscenes at random times. Anyone else have this problem?
    Fairly common problem. Happens at the most inconvenient times

On another note, I have barely touched the game since I finished the single player. The multiplayer for was a real letdown for me. Nowhere near as exciting as WFC.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

On another note, I have barely touched the game since I finished the single player. The multiplayer for was a real letdown for me. Nowhere near as exciting as WFC.
    I enjoyed the multiplayer a little bit more than WFC TBH. not entirely sure why.

I was thinking back on FOC the other day and realised one thing is lacking on FOC over WFC.

The awesome transforming world. I loved in WFC the way doors looked like they transformed as they opened. That level as you run to Iacon as Optimus and the road transforms out in front of you. Great examples of Cybertron that wowed me.

despite the cool locations (Sea of rust was nice looking) and other such areas and despite them looking very nice where ever you went, it didn't quite feel as Transformer-y ti me as WFC did.

I missed that...

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

Wow... that is really bad... cos I've had to restart the PS3 to get through some places. -_-;

I quite enjoy the Multi-Player and while its not as good as WfC, it could be that I'm playing on a console and I suck at 3rd person shooters on a console. :P

Also, I agree with Tetsuwan Convoy, FoC don't seem to have as rich a world of Cybertron, I still remember the run to Vector Sigma on the slugs and the world there was awesome. The only thing that felt close was the run to find Metroplex that gave me a sense of wonder.

In terms of presentation, storytelling, and production values, Fall of Cybertron trumps its older brother across the board. While it takes place on the battling bots' same war-ravaged home planet, its visuals feature far more detail and variety. Over the course of the campaign's 13 chapters, players are treated to sprawling, scarred battlefields, cloud-sitting cityscapes, creepy interior dwellings, ancient sand-choked ruins, and slime-covered subterranean settings.