Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most Powerful Aussie Car

Default Most Powerful Aussie Car

What is the most powerful Aussie Car? Is it the Holden GTS HSV..?

Yeah, I'm actually having a bit of trouble working this one out...

And to clarify, I'm referring to production or super-car models, not the 'Invader' etc.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

I had thought the Holden Monaro cV8 would definitely be up there!

XYGTHO

It depends on how you define it. By powerful do you mean highest engine output? Or the fastest quarter mile? Fastest 0-100 time? Highest top speed?

Are you speaking in terms of production cars with the most power off the showroom floor? Or are we taking into account modified cars as well?

If you're talking purely in terms of engine output, it would have to be the HSV W427. Around a track I would have to say an Elfin MS8 or T5 would be pretty quick.

But of course these get blown away when you start talking modified cars.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

depends on the class of cars we are talking about, for the 6 cylinder class it would have to be the XR6 Turbo with a 4lt straight six would have to be a high contender, Holdens 3.6lt V6 engine does not come with a turbo, unless you buy an after market one.

the V8 class would have to be a Holden 5.0lt 308. Aussie made motor that in it's day was the best you could get. i think the last model with that motor was a VR, after that they started to import from the US.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    XYGTHO
    I know 0 about cars, take this as an aside to the thread and not an attempted answer. So while I doubt it is correct the XY GTHO jumped in my head too, and more specifically the Phase IV, and more specifically 'the'.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

^ i thought there were only 3.5 phase 4's made and they were XA's Not sure on their kw's though.
    I would think currently HSV W427 has some big numbers.
    Are we talking cars built in oz or just released here ?

Sorry I only have experience in Japanese cars. Never really worked with Aussie cars
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    It depends on how you define it. By powerful do you mean highest engine output? Or the fastest quarter mile? Fastest 0-100 time? Highest top speed?

Are you speaking in terms of production cars with the most power off the showroom floor? Or are we taking into account modified cars as well?

If you're talking purely in terms of engine output, it would have to be the HSV W427. Around a track I would have to say an Elfin MS8 or T5 would be pretty quick.

But of course these get blown away when you start talking modified cars.
    You're right. I was to vague.

Back in 2003-06 we got the Binaltech/Alternator series followed by Alternity. These series had manufactures promoting their flagship cars through licensing. Ford GT and Mustang, Subaru Impretza, Dodge Ram and Viper, Nissan GT-R etc.

So if Holden or Ford were to offer up their current flagship car, most probably a V8 supercar, even maybe from a few years ago, what would it be?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    Sorry I only have experience in Japanese cars. Never really worked with Aussie cars
    Shhhh. Don't tell anyone but theres pretty much no such thing as an 'Aussie' car. They are all American owned.