Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi to everyone here, from an Aussie TF fan.

Welcome to the forum, please feel free to share photos of your collection and/or your dA stuff.

Mostly decepticons as fave, I see. I don't blame you, the bad guys usually are cooler and welltought of in characterization, otherwise the good guys will be just boring as. There's lots of misb collectors here too, although like you I think keep a handful loose for funplay :-) . Glad you liked the welcome pic, I try to update or revolve my welcome pics so it's not a bore.
    If you ever do start a photocomic or hand drawn here that is most welcome and awesome. We haven't had any aside from links to mosaics.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Welcome to the forum, please feel free to share photos of your collection and/or your dA stuff.
    Thank you and I will upload pics of what I have soon, and keep it updated as I get more! Stay tuned..

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Mostly decepticons as fave, I see. I don't blame you, the bad guys usually are cooler and welltought of in characterization, otherwise the good guys will be just boring as. There's lots of misb collectors here too, although like you I think keep a handful loose for funplay :-) . Glad you liked the welcome pic, I try to update or revolve my welcome pics so it's not a bore.
    If you ever do start a photocomic or hand drawn here that is most welcome and awesome. We haven't had any aside from links to mosaics.
    Ah but you see I don't like them *because* they are the bad guys. In fact, I love to write them as the good guys.. Hence why I love the Shattered Glass universe the most! And it's actually canon/official so that for me makes it all the more awesome. That's not to say I don't like those characters in the other "normal" continuities, I do! But not because they are evil, or generally considered as evil. In other words, I'm not an Autobot or a Decepticon, my heart is just with those characters. Ok, I hope I haven't confused anyone!

Yay, I will definitely start planning for some comics then!

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    ... and this place looks as strong as when I first came across it, about 5 years ago.
    A bit of testament there to how much we love Tfs really. That's pretty cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Ah but you see I don't like them *because* they are the bad guys. In fact, I love to write them as the good guys.. Hence why I love the Shattered Glass universe the most! And it's actually canon/official so that for me makes it all the more awesome. That's not to say I don't like those characters in the other "normal" continuities, I do! But not because they are evil, or generally considered as evil. In other words, I'm not an Autobot or a Decepticon, my heart is just with those characters. Ok, I hope I haven't confused anyone!
    The thing about any (decent) bad guy, as long as they have conviction, they would see themselves as the good guy.

G1 Prime and Megs both want peace in the universe, they are just going about it in different ways.

Love it! and welcome to the boards

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The thing about any (decent) bad guy, as long as they have conviction, they would see themselves as the good guy.
    True, however that is usually a delusion on their part or they wouldn't be generally considered "bad" lol.

I like to take it further with my mentioned favorite TFs characters, especially in my own fan fic universe, and give them a solid justification for why they do what they do, and that perhaps in fact they have been misjudged/misinterpreted (of course much of canon goes against this anyway). Sometimes, though not often, canon will support it, though. For example, there's some hints in the TPB comic "Chaos Theory" a well as in "Megatron: Origin" that mentions how/why the wars began, and uncovers corruption within the Autobot Council. And of course there's no question in SG universe that they are "good."

I know that my interpretation can be a little challenging to some people but it does take all kinds of TFs fans to create the whole, doesn't it...

G1 Prime and Megs both want peace in the universe, they are just going about it in different ways.

Love it! and welcome to the boards
    Yes. There's so much to be said about those two... too much to cover in my intro thread here... a philosophical discourse for another time, perhaps!

Thank you very much for the welcome!

It's only now anyways that Megsies indepth characterizations get explored , which is a good thing , it makes a 1 dimensional character into something much much more. Coz if you look at the early G1s, megatron is just a loon megalomanic leader of the bad guys, period...

G1 Cartoon - as above and famous line "retreaaaat"
    G1 comics - angry and petulant,scheming but yeah , always angry, evil angry
    .....then he progressed to Galvatron - which didn't help coz he was more evil, loony, angry and just plain batshit crazy hahahahah

good thing in this new G1 IDWverse he and Galvy are two different entities altogether
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    It's only now anyways that Megsies indepth characterizations get explored , which is a good thing , it makes a 1 dimensional character into something much much more. Coz if you look at the early G1s, megatron is just a loon megalomanic leader of the bad guys, period...

G1 Cartoon - as above and famous line "retreaaaat"
    G1 comics - angry and petulant,scheming but yeah , always angry, evil angry
    .....then he progressed to Galvatron - which didn't help coz he was more evil, loony, angry and just plain batshit crazy hahahahah

good thing in this new G1 IDWverse he and Galvy are two different entities altogether
    Yep, but I still loves him (G1 toon version mainly cuz I don't have any early G1 comics).

Haha I hate Galvatron... I'm so very happy to see him as a separate character!

New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatron Guest

lol. They all look so happy in that pic, like they don't have a care in the world...

Nice to meet you 5FDP!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    This reminds me off

THIS
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9doDPP3h1dE