Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Another 3rd Party Omega Silhouette

Okay will give that a shot. Its not in the instructions. I also found out today that if you turn the grey band on his claw arm the claw spins.

This guy will look good standing next to FOC Metroplex.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

^ In Optibotimus's review, he shows that you can clip the two red cylinder halves to form a more cylindrical middle section

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I've been looking Genesis for a few days and more and more I like it.
    I'm definitely considering getting this guy, much to my wallets dismay.
    Being that he's from a new group in the field of 3rd party TFs how does he compare to some of the stuff that say Fansproject makes?

For a new group he is a good heavy solid well built figure. They did a real good job. I have nothing to complain about. For a 3rd party price tag its worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    For a new group he is a good heavy solid well built figure. They did a real good job. I have nothing to complain about. For a 3rd party price tag its worth it.
    I'm not having a go it's just that I find it highly amusing that people seem to put the third party offerings at a different price point to the regular Hasbro/Tak/Tom releases. Why is this?

Lower production runs and higher production costs? 3P companies don't have the corporate reach and resources of HasTak. I imagine this is most of it. But as 3P stuff becomes more popular the prices will fall due to larger numbers being sold, natural competition etc.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Yeah what Trent said. Small runs and all that. But in the end world rather pay more for something im 100% happy with than well cheap Hasbro I will have to fix and repaint to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    I'm not having a go it's just that I find it highly amusing that people seem to put the third party offerings at a different price point to the regular Hasbro/Tak/Tom releases. Why is this?
    Quality over quantity. Most of the better known third parties have excellent material quality and QC. They also tend to excel at customer service.

Also the more established third parties actually produce higher quality stuff at comparable costs (sometimes less) than a Tomy Masterpiece toy.

When I buy an FP or MMC toy, I can be confident of receiving a quality item. When I buy an official Masterpiece - Who knows what I'll get?

In regards to this 3rd party Omega, it is a huge toy with a fair bit of thought and engineering gone into it to translate the character model from the game. $300 doesn't seem that much when you compare it to something like Supreme Devastator from the movie line that had a pretty high price tag on release and was nothing but blocks put together with a stupid gimmick

I'm not arguing that they haven't got quality on their side compared to the average deluxe but you aren't paying deluxe prices you are paying the equivalent of the latest MP prices (Lambor and Alert) which I consider to be superior to the third party offerings at the same price point, I notice you say different Kup but I have had bad experiences with third party items and not official merchandise where as you seem to be the opposite so our experiences will colour our perception. The third parties are superior to the average deluxe but inferior to the MP's so wouldn't it make sense for these third party items to be sitting around the $45.00 mark. Yes I know they have smaller production runs but they also have a lot less in the way of overheads. One last thing, Don't forget a lot of these items are stolen intellectual property which Hasbro/Tak/Tom has deemed not to chase in court at this point in time, I understand some of the third party people are now creating their own designs which are quite good but still have their faults which people seem to forgive more easily than say if it was an official item. I'm putting all this out there as I'm interested in peoples views and the reasons for them.