Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st anniversary of the Live Action Movie. (28 June)

Aaaaahh one year already! wow! hmmm memories, all my cousins which are all younger than me and their buddies and a GF, lined up in one straight line of seats in the middle of the theater..... from one end to the other, twelve popcorns to share, a couple of chip bags and pringle tubes and large,tall glass of coke. Nice, except for the part that my cousins keep asking me for who's who. But then, it's not annoying more amusing since of all the 20+ indvls relatives and friends I was seeing it with, I was considered the afficionado TF geek in the group. I can still remember all the cheers in the movie house ( and I thought screaming in moviehouses was frowned upon on western civilized world ) by all the fanboys and geeks in the crowd ( erm i just smiled alright - longest smile ever). Funny thing as well was that all them cousins wanted to hear my opinion on the movie, how was it for me, did I consider it good and all that. Neat. Well, 12 months to go then.....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Cool... 12 months on already!

Um, I still feel pretty much the same about it as I did when I first saw it... I had been waiting most of my life for this film, but it just wasn't the film I wanted! Maybe I had too many expectations. Still, I saw it 3 times at the cinemas and have watched it on DVD several times!

My major issue is that the script is really not very good! It's filled with many cheap jokes and pointless sub-plots. I remember having a few disagreements with people (some of them on this very board), when the film first came out, about "Maggie and her waste-of-time sub-plot"... but I stand by it!!! There's no pay-off - it goes NOWHERE!

The CGI is brilliant! The action is a little underwhelming. The Climax is anti-climactic! The music is fine! The direction is weird. The acting is alright.

If there's anything that being a James Cameron fan has taught me, it's that a good action/sci-fi story should have a heart (or at least a pulse)! That way it will be enduring! Here we are only 12 months out, and many people are saying the film is "okay" or "alright"... how many people say that about Aliens or The Terminator?

Overall, I'm really glad the film got made. I probably wouldn't have chosen the people who made it, but nevertheless it brings a tear to my eye to see so many kids beginning to LOVE Transformers the way I do! For that, I am eternally grateful to the film!

Honestly it did not feel like it was a year ago. I am getting old...

wow a year old already. It still blows my mind, last time a movie felt so real it was Jurassic park and I was 7.

He was at the last Sydney fan meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Burn
    Yeah, way to introduce yourself Gok. *snap* "I HAVE YOUR SOUUUUULLLLLL" ... and then you ran away.
    I don't remember that, but it sounds like something I'd do.

Ive only seen it twice out of the cinemas (only saw it three times, twice on the huge screen at Blacktown) and it has held up fairly well with repeated viewings.

However the excessive overuse of motion blurr has become very irritating, and friend of mine who love the film far more than I do have also commented that on the big plasma and LCD TV's the effects dont look as spectacular as they did in the cinema.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)