Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Waiting Game Thread

Megatron Guest

Ah.. thanks for the warning UltraMarginal. My items were posted on the 5th of this month... I really really hope I don't end up having to wait 9 weeks for them or even worse, they never arrive. Coincidentally this is my first experience with Canada post.

Yeah, stuff from Canada is heaps slow. I bought something back in early Feb this year and it didn't show until mid-April so 9 weeks is about right.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatron Guest

Actually what really concerns me is the packages arriving crushed or damaged. In my experience the longer something takes to arrive, the greater chance there is of this happening.

Just waiting on some preordered stuff myself. Buying reissue Jazz off someone which I'll pay for on Friday. As well as rocksmith game which came in today at eb games.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Sideswipe in Oct. (and be waiting for the day they do Sunneh), Victory Leo parts $130 for his two cannons which are damaged is sending me off on a hunt n wait for someone else to sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Earlier this year I ordered a bunch of First Edition Cliff Jumpers from a guy in Canada, paid $75 odd for shipping, due to the fact that I bought 7 of the suckers though, at the time they worked out relatively cheap compared to eBay scalper prices ($40 vs about $60 each). postage was supposed to take 4-5 weeks. ended up taking over 9 weeks.
    That's crazy! Any chance that the guy jipped you with cheaper postage as opposed to the service type you paid for?

Canada Post is pretty damn expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Ah.. thanks for the warning UltraMarginal. My items were posted on the 5th of this month... I really really hope I don't end up having to wait 9 weeks for them or even worse, they never arrive. Coincidentally this is my first experience with Canada post.
    No worries,

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron-SG1 View Post
    Actually what really concerns me is the packages arriving crushed or damaged. In my experience the longer something takes to arrive, the greater chance there is of this happening.
    If it's like mine it'll probably end up being on a boat... so it'll just sit there for ages, the box my package came in was OK, a little dinged up but not too bad. everything inside was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That's crazy! Any chance that the guy jipped you with cheaper postage as opposed to the service type you paid for?

Nope, the postage label was there, he actually spotted me $5 because it was a bit more than he expected. I wanted to give him super positive feedback but the postage took so long that the listing details weren't available to leave feedback on anymore. His communication and offer to organise a couple more than he initially had to sell and going and sourcing them for me was above and beyond the call of duty.

Since then though, I've seen a couple things listed in Canada that I've wanted and passed up just because of the postage expense and potential waiting period.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    No worries,

If it's like mine it'll probably end up being on a boat... so it'll just sit there for ages, the box my package came in was OK, a little dinged up but not too bad. everything inside was fine.
    Ah. Well then I hope the boat my items are on doesn't hit an iceberg or anything on its long voyage to the Great Southern Land.

Last year I did a trade with a guy in Canada... I sent him his toy via air mail which he received in about a week or so, he sent my toy to me via Surface (the cheapest option which still worked out to be really expensive) -- and it took months It took so damn long I was really scared that the Canadian guy had tried to pull a con... but it all worked out in the end. But yeah, not keen to trade w/ a North American again any time soon. (-_-)