Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

Default Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

I was wondering if anyone knows if TRU oz will be releasing the hasbro masterpiece optimus prime and if so when? I'm pretty keen to pick one up and unfortunately the us website doesn't ship to australia.

Hi there, I think he will be out in October which is very soon now! approx retail is about $150. Also there is a thread in the Outback australia news section, for any more info. Im keen for this release also

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I was at a TRU on Thursday and I asked them to check their database, and yeah -- Masterpiece Optimus Prime is on there, for $149.9-? (re: $150). The girl I spoke to told me:

A) Toys usually appear in their store within a month or so after appearing on their database, but they never get told exactly WHEN the toys come in. I asked her, "But how do you clear shelf space to get ready to put the new toys on the shelf?" and she said that when the truck arrives, they have to frantically make new shelf space and shelve the toys. She was rolling her eyes as she said this too and I could hear the frustration in her voice.
    B) TRU would be "crazy" not to have the toys up before Xmas.
    C) I have the "coolest watch ever."

For the past few weeks I've already saved up $150 in preparation for this toy (so right now I'm being super tight; not buying the new FoC DLC pack atm) -- so when the toy comes out I can just buy it straight away! BRING IT, TOYS R US!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I was at a TRU on Thursday and I asked them to check their database, and yeah -- Masterpiece Optimus Prime is on there, for $149.9-? (re: $150). The girl I spoke to told me:

A) Toys usually appear in their store within a month or so after appearing on their database, but they never get told exactly WHEN the toys come in. I asked her, "But how do you clear shelf space to get ready to put the new toys on the shelf?" and she said that when the truck arrives, they have to frantically make new shelf space and shelve the toys. She was rolling her eyes as she said this too and I could hear the frustration in her voice.
    B) TRU would be "crazy" not to have the toys up before Xmas.
    C) I have the "coolest watch ever."

For the past few weeks I've already saved up $150 in preparation for this toy (so right now I'm being super tight; not buying the new FoC DLC pack atm) -- so when the toy comes out I can just buy it straight away! BRING IT, TOYS R US!!
    No surprise there as Toys R Us is usually in a constant state of chaos. Most of their stores are a mess and it now makes sense why they stack them up randomly to the roof.

Thanks everyone for the responses, I'm just super impatient for this particular item. Especially after seeing it released in US!

Goki it is true, that is one sweet watch dude!! Me likey!

Looking forward to October then. I somehow doubt it will be possible (at least for quite a while) to obtain this figure for less than $150. The scalpers have already ebay and are selling it for up to $200K (which is interesting because they would've paid $99 for it! Not a bad profit).

Lets hope TRU AU are prepared for the demand for this item!

Quote Originally Posted by AJ_Prime View Post
    Lets hope TRU AU are prepared for the demand for this item!
    I ain't gonna risk it. As soon as I see this toy I'm gonna grab it like a pigeon diving after a lonely bread crumb! I've intentionally saved up for this toy early so I won't have the dilemma of finding it and going, "Aw man, I'm a bit short on money right now... I hope it'll be here by my next pay!" (and I get paid fortnightly). All I need to do now is _find_ this freaking toy, and it'll be a case of...

Sometimes my impatience gets the better of me and the toy ends up going for cheaper -- e.g. I got MP Rodimus for $80, then it got reduced to $60! But other times I'm real glad I didn't wait, like MP Starscream which I saw at TRU -- grabbed it, then within a week they were all gone and I never saw them again! I'd rather pay full retail and have the security of having the toy rather than risk waiting and missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd rather pay full retail and have the security of having the toy rather than risk waiting and missing out.
    MP10 is worth $150, trust me.
    I bought the TakaraTomy version for the horrible TT price and it was (only just) worth it too. It really is an amazing piece.

Really hoping I don't miss out on this too. It's going to be a popular piece and I'm also prepared to pay the $150 price tag.

Here is the official response I got from TRU AU:

"Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in responding.

Toys"R"Us Australia will be stocking the Masterpiece Optimus Prime, This will be available early to mid October 2012.

If you have any further enquiries please don't hesitate to contact the customer service team."

I'm going to be in Bali with the family for bro-in-laws wedding from Oct5-15, I'd be so disappointed if I got back and they'd sold out already. Might have to call on my mate to keep an eye out for me...

I hope everyone on here who is interested manages to acquire one too.

I seriously doubt it'll sell out that quick. Not with such a large price tag.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain