Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus
yeah nothings impossible but the odds are heavily stacked against the blue shirt dude. there are some locks that have a very limited window of opportunity followed very quickly with the point of no return
Yup, totally agree.
Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus
i can't help analysing fight scenarios, i suppose its just the way my brain has been programmed now. sometimes I can't even relax and watch kung fu / action flicks without over analysing.
I'm the same! I'm very nitpicky whenever I see action and fight scenes in movies! That's why although a lot of other people complain about the fast, furious, shaky and blurry fight scenes in Transformers, I like them because that's what real fights are like! Give me a realistic looking messy and dirty brawl over pretty, clean and elegant choreography like in The Matrix or your typical Hong Kong action flick. That's not to say that there isn't any beauty in watching martial arts or fighting; but it's a different form of beauty than what I think most movie-goers prefer. Most action movies have these acrobatic and gymnastic stunts, which look great but aren't very realistic.

And yes, Transformers have a lot of acrobatic moves too, but they're giant super robots so they're able to perform feats beyond human standards. They're also a lot more durable considering that they have armour plating and force shields. Megatron has no scrotum, so he can happily deliver that really high head kick that we saw in the forest fight. I'd never use a kick like that IRL because for some reason I kinda don't like being hit in the janglies! (>o<) I guess that's why we never saw Devastator going for any high kicks (badaboom TISH!)