Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions.

Got Henkei Megatron yesterday. (^_^)

went to Kmart yesterday to put Animated Screamer and Cybertron Prime on layby but the line was taking ages so said to myself screw this and just used my credit card instead

Leader Brawl $56.70 at Kmart finally!

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post

genechan, that's not "Encore" Jazz perse (and so you know, it's Encore Meister - which has always been his Japanese name). But I'm glad you found yerself a G1 Jazz. I'd recommend hunting down some chromed weapons for him at some stage
    Yeah, I know I use both names, but I use Jazz more often :P same bot lol.

Meister is the Japanese name for Jazz, so calling him Jazz is the same as calling Convoy Optimus Prime, which people do.

Yeah, calling a Japanese release by its English name is not necessarily bad since they are both the same identical character.

Its not like they are calling a Ginrai release Optimus Prime or anything of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Its not like they are calling a Ginrai release Optimus Prime or anything of the sort.
    I do!
    *looks at Ginrai Powermaster prime Reissue*

From eBay via Tiby:

I'm done with eBay. Yay! (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

What about when I put my 1-of-a-kind translucent Fort Max on Ebay?

Does that mean you won't be interested in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I do!
    *looks at Ginrai Powermaster prime Reissue*
    That's different though. The Hasbro 'reissue' of Powermaster Prime is Powermaster Prime. Yeah its the Ginrai 'improved' version of the mold but the only real differences from the original release of one to the other was just the shiny chrome and retractable fists (not counting Apex/God Bomber armor).

To me the difference qualify more as improvement to the mold than something that defines the character as they are both the same.

So for toy wise for me the difference between a PM Prime and Ginrai is the package that it came with.

So I have the Hasbro commemorative reissue of Power Master Prime released with the Ginrai improved mold. To me its Power Master Prime.

I did not like the plainness of the original PM Prime release as it felt real cheap but loved the Ginrai mold upgrades made by Takara...However I had watched Masterforce and was all too aware of the difference between PM Prime and Ginrai to buy a Ginrai and 'pretend' it was a Powermaster Prime.

The compromise?

I bought the Hasbro Commemorative released that had the Ginrai upgrades plus it was called Optimus Prime so I didn't have to pretend otherwise because officially it was him.

In the future I may get a Ginrai who will be 99% the same as my Hasbro reissue PM Prime with the only real difference being the packaging they came in but for me as a character driven collector, it would be two entirely different characters who look almost the same.