Page 13 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: July Acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah, calling a Japanese release by its English name is not necessarily bad since they are both the same identical character.
    Excately, although I do like the name Meister better...I sitll refer him to as Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    From eBay via Tiby:

I'm done with eBay. Yay! (:
    You have to beware of 1orion2many now...

Purry (the pink Beanie Baby cat) will protect me.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    That's different though. The Hasbro 'reissue' of Powermaster Prime is Powermaster Prime. Yeah its the Ginrai 'improved' version of the mold but the only real differences from the original release of one to the other was just the shiny chrome and retractable fists (not counting Apex/God Bomber armor).

To me the difference qualify more as improvement to the mold than something that defines the character as they are both the same.

So for toy wise for me the difference between a PM Prime and Ginrai is the package that it came with.

So I have the Hasbro commemorative reissue of Power Master Prime released with the Ginrai improved mold. To me its Power Master Prime.

I did not like the plainness of the original PM Prime release as it felt real cheap but loved the Ginrai mold upgrades made by Takara...However I had watched Masterforce and was all too aware of the difference between PM Prime and Ginrai to buy a Ginrai and 'pretend' it was a Powermaster Prime.

The compromise?

I bought the Hasbro Commemorative released that had the Ginrai upgrades plus it was called Optimus Prime so I didn't have to pretend otherwise because officially it was him.

In the future I may get a Ginrai who will be 99% the same as my Hasbro reissue PM Prime with the only real difference being the packaging they came in but for me as a character driven collector, it would be two entirely different characters who look almost the same.
    Officially mine is Ginrai, since thats the box I got, but I'll still call him Prime, muahaha!

Cheater!

kup is right:
    Apex Armour Optimus Prime = Optimus Prime
    Ginrai =/= Optimus Prime

...and it's not just the packaging; Ginrai doesn't have that awful over-extended chrome-stripped missile that AAOP has.

Quote Originally Posted by genechan
    Excately, although I do like the name Meister better...I sitll refer him to as Jazz
    Usually I say "Jazz" when speaking in English and "Meister" when speaking in Japanese, regardless of if the toy is from Hasbro or Takara. To me the Anglophone names just 'roll off' my tongue easier when I speak in English and the Japonic names likewise when speaking in Japanese.

For example, when speaking in Japanese I will refer to Autobots/Maximals as "Cybertrons" and Decepticons/Predacons" as "Destrons" - but when I speak in English I usually just use the Anglophone names, even if I'm referring to a Japanese series. e.g.: when speaking in English I will refer to Breast Force as Decepticons, not Destrons. I just find that it feels strange to use the Japonic names when speaking in English and vice versa when speaking in Japanese. *shrug*

I'm still surprised that the movie Transformers all retained their Anglophone names in Japan, e.g.: movie Jazz is called "Jazz" in Japan, not Meister et al.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Usually I say "Jazz" when speaking in English and "Meister" when speaking in Japanese, regardless of if the toy is from Hasbro or Takara. To me the Anglophone names just 'roll off' my tongue easier when I speak in English and the Japonic names likewise when speaking in Japanese.

For example, when speaking in Japanese I will refer to Autobots/Maximals as "Cybertrons" and Decepticons/Predacons" as "Destrons" - but when I speak in English I usually just use the Anglophone names, even if I'm referring to a Japanese series. e.g.: when speaking in English I will refer to Breast Force as Decepticons, not Destrons. I just find that it feels strange to use the Japonic names when speaking in English and vice versa when speaking in Japanese. *shrug*

I'm still surprised that the movie Transformers all retained their Anglophone names in Japan, e.g.: movie Jazz is called "Jazz" in Japan, not Meister et al.
    Ah yeah, far enough.

I am surpised that the Japanese kept theit Angophone names in the movie too.

Picked up my MP-04, goodbye MP-01

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    From eBay via Tiby:

I'm done with eBay. Yay! (:

Oh MY GOD! how much did it cost yah dirge!?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Thanks to the Kmart sale, plus another 15% off due to the gf's Coles employee card I nabbed myself:
    -Voyager Prime
    - Ratchet
    - Blackarachnia
    - Cybertron Prime
    - Stormsurge
    - Crosshairs

Voyager Prime and Ratchet are open and on display, but I have to wait for the others, as they are meant to be gifts for later.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    You have to beware of 1orion2many now...
    I am now stalking both of you but it's going to get expensive in airfare going from one side of the country to the other.