View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wouldn't even pay 1c for a fake. Sellers can give it to me for free or take a long walk off a short space bridge.
    For a Transformers fan is punishable by death.

Anyway, I didn't know there was a KO but only by examining closer and reading the seller's description was where I realised it. (price was definitely giving it away)

On the note, that's where I went to do a search and came out with this thread and some of you already stated the QC seems to be bad?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    ^ Not saying you are not wrong here. however I have stayed away buying a lot of mp pieces like Skywarp, Thunder cracker, Grimlock, Rodimus and a lot others. Being the way I am, I choose to collect characters I personally like.

I was considering wheeljack but I know I can live without.
    Yeah I can understand that. The amount of TFs I have said I have no interest in only to end up owning them, and going back to collect a lot of the line, is quite ridiculous.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I had all 3 of them, and I think it is wonderful. Good car mode and robot model. the only downside is that the logo is pretty much not being able to recognize.

Yours doesn't have problematic shoulders?

You know who has problematic shoulders? Generations Blitzwing. Those shoulders don't even lock into place.

I still think Sideswipe's are fine.

??... all mine are fine... i have no problems with any of them... I was wondering why you hated this mold .

Na. Shoulders are all fine.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I think you may have just had bad luck. Both my MP-12 and 14 lock in really well, though MP-12's shoulders do feel a little bit more solid. Have you tried tightening the screws on the shoulder pivots? Another thing that might work is using a toothpick to apply a bit of gap-filling super glue like zap-a-gap to the locking nubs.

I was really on the fence about this mould as I'm not really keen on Autobot cars but it's now one of my favourites.

came in 2 different package options for some reason

car mode
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...36&mode=retail
    robot mode
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...06&mode=retail

Thanks Iriorne; I might try tightening that shoulder screw to see if it helps. This toy really needs something to lock the shoulders solidly into place though rather than just relying on them sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    You know who has problematic shoulders? Generations Blitzwing. Those shoulders don't even lock into place.

I still think Sideswipe's are fine.
    So your Sideswipe's shoulders aren't prone to popping out when you play w/ it in robot mode? Cos mine are fine if I just pose it about and leave it there as a display... i.e. it can withstand mild handling fine; but once I start playing with it and get it doing fast action fight moves, then the shoulders become a nightmare and keep getting out like an Australian cricketer (). Maybe I'm just unlucky.

I do agree that Blitzwing's shoulders are inexcusably awful -- they can't even withstand basic handling for posing, let alone rigorous toy play! I'm not saying that MP Lambor's shoulders are the worst, but for a toy that is suppose to be a "Masterpiece," and at such an expensive RRP, I expected a lot better. I don't think this toy is worth full retail... but it put me off getting any of the redecos of this mould.