View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    came in 2 different package options for some reason

car mode
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...36&mode=retail
    robot mode
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...06&mode=retail
    the robot mode packaging is the korean release (if i remember correctly)

Has anyone gotten the Korean version or any other Korean Transformer since the licence changed from Sonokong to Mocom? Cos all my Korean TFs are from Sonokong who are renowned from releasing toys of the same quality as Takara, but sometimes in inferior packaging and often w/ badly designed tech spec cards... if indeed you even get the right tech specs card! (and of course, Sonokong Brave Maximus' famous upside down Autobot logo sticker in city mode)

This is how pathetically easy it is to dislocate my MP Lambor's shoulder, using absolute minimal force and a pencil rubber.

Iriorne is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Really sounds like you have a dud - I can hang 200 grams off the arm just fine (hanging just above the elbow, arm bent 45 degrees at the shoulder). I'd take a picture but my camera is hanging off Lambor's arm.

I assume exchange is out of the question now but have you tried my suggestion (post 108 in this thread) for building up the locking nubs with superglue/epoxy? Seems like it could significantly enhance your enjoyment of the figure.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This is how pathetically easy it is to dislocate my MP Lambor's shoulder, using absolute minimal force and a pencil rubber.
    Dude, how many times do you have to keep bringing this up. It does get a little tiring forever hearing about his shoulder problems.... maybe you should sell if your not happy with it.

I have to say how often does someone actually transform Lambor with a pencil?

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    More often then you think, but less often then is required
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    More often then you think, but less often then is required
    I must have missed that memo

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    Dude, how many times do you have to keep bringing this up. It does get a little tiring forever hearing about his shoulder problems.... maybe you should sell if your not happy with it.
    I paid fifty dollars for this toy. I don't about you, but by my standards that's NOT cheap! We wouldn't accept this kind of standard from a non-MP toy (e.g. Generations Blitzwing), I don't see why I should accept it from a Masterpiece toy. Besides, I (and many other collectors) continue to complain about toys years or even decades after purchase (e.g. Action Masters, Beast Machines Silverbolt, MP-3 Starscream etc.). On the other side of the coin, I do also compliment good toys long after purchase too (e.g. original G1 Soundwave, G2 Laser Optimus Prime, BT Meister etc.), so it does work both ways.

And don't get me wrong... it's not that I dislike this toy per se, I just strongly dislike this one weakness in the toy. I'm quite happy with other aspects of the toy and overall I do find it a likeable toy. Shoulder issues aside, the rest of the toy is reasonably good and the attention to detail on the vehicle mode is exquisite. I do quite like the way that the roof and window panels fold up to form the back (works better than the way that the MP Nissans fold their roofs into their backs IMHO), and the pop-up concealing panel on the roof is a really clever touch. The shoulders stay in place for displaying and posing and general fiddling, but they just hopeless when it comes to remaining in place during play. And there doesn't appear to be any feature in the design that's meant to lock or retain the shoulders in place either.

And I'm aware that this isn't a problem for all MP Lambor toys, which is why I said "my MP Lambor's...". But I've seen two other MP Lambors IRL which had the same problem, so it doesn't appear to be a completely isolated problem either. I haven't handled an MP Alert IRL yet, but I've heard a few people report the same issue with that toy.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    These were screen caps from a video I made this morning to demonstrate just how little force was required to push the shoulder down.

I guess my sarcasm missed the mark