View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

IMHO the toy is fine - the plastic tyres don't bother me. Given the nature of the transformation, I think rubber tyres would slip or get scraped too easily. The robot looks fine to me and the pile drivers are a nice touch.

I have three main gripes about this toy:
    + I can't figure out a way to make the shoulders lock into place in robot mode. So they get easily displaced during play. IMO this is the toy's greatest flaw.
    + Ankle articulation is not the best. Makes it difficult to put the toy into some more dynamic poses.
    + The chest is quite wide which inhibits some arm movement across it.

Overall I find this to be a satisfactory toy, but it has its flaws and diminutive size. As a result I'd only recommend getting this toy if you can get it at RRP or preferably less.

----------PHOTOS-----------

Vehicle mode

Robot mode

With flat black piledrivers

With pointed chrome piledrivers

Your pics actually make him look pretty snazzy, Gok.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I
    I have three main gripes about this toy:
    + I can't figure out a way to make the shoulders lock into place in robot mode. So they get easily displaced during play. IMO this is the toy's greatest flaw.
    + Ankle articulation is not the best. Makes it difficult to put the toy into some more dynamic poses.
    + The chest is quite wide which inhibits some arm movement across it.

Overall I find this to be a satisfactory toy, but it has its flaws and diminutive size. As a result I'd only recommend getting this toy if you can get it at RRP or preferably less.
    I agree that the shoulders not locking in place are a pretty large flaw, but I don't think the limited articulation for the ankles and wide chest are that much of an issue there are plenty of Transformers that have much worse. Plenty can be done with the feet with some clever use of the heel spurs that I have found.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some reason for keeping the car hood as large as it is for the chest. After all it has a recognisable look to it.

I wouldn't recommend paying much more than RRP either TBH. It's certainly not worth a high mark up (assuming you find one as such)

After seeing the toy IRL, my opinion of it has changed slightly for the better. Still not worth what some people are paying for it though IMO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Pic request: can anyone post a robot-mode shot of him next to the blue BT Tracks?
    Thanks in advance.

Are the shoulders like RTS Perceptors? Do they droop and have nowhere to lock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Pic request: can anyone post a robot-mode shot of him next to the blue BT Tracks?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Are the shoulders like RTS Perceptors? Do they droop and have nowhere to lock?
    They lift up and they kinda lock. It's some kind of internal mechanism that sets them in place which is meant to lock them into position in theory... but in practice it's urine-weak... it's strong enough to hold them in place for display and if you move the arms _really_ carefully, but I find during toy play they get displayed all too easily. So technically the answer is yes, they lock... but practically the answer might as well be no.

Cheers Goki.

I picked up mine toady. The paint is not exactly flawless but I'll live with it. Paint apps are misaligned and sloppy. There's a scrape mark behind the left rear window and it just looks dirty with fingerprints as if the assembler didn't wash their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    ...and it just looks dirty with fingerprints as if the assembler didn't wash their hands.
    Being the clean freak that I am - ewwwwww...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]