View Poll Results: GEN FOC Soundwave - worth buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 65.38%
  • Only if...

6 23.08%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

3 11.54%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations FOC Soundwave & Laserbeak

Put the minions faction symbol forward (button in the back) and when you launch it, it will convert. Pity it ends up upside-down on the floor after ejection.

Compared it with the original WFC version. Very similar mold with the exception of the chest gimmick. Robot mode is both off in both versions. Chest too big for the FoC ver and the shoulders too large on the WfC ver.

Vehicle mode too boxy for the FoC ver and edged out a bit by the WfC more flat look and better grille/teeth.

The way the vehicle is mistransformed in stock photos makes it look even more boxy -- but when transformed correctly it's not so boxy (but yeah, still a lot boxier than WFC Soundwave).

Here are some photos of the vehicle mode transformed correctly:
    http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content...351553615.jpg/
    http://www.fullmetalhero.com/content...351553615.jpg/

(I don't mean to say that you're transforming this toy incorrectly, Stompy -- this is more for the benefit of people who don't have this mould and may not be aware of what the vehicle mode is meant to look like ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

i am more disapointed he didnt come with a weapon.. !
    And another thing i was disapointed with, the fact that there was no data disk cover for the birdbot!!...
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

These are my thoughts after I opened it up:

Mine won't eject the discs at all.

Laserbeak is an extremely tight fit, and requires a bit of force.

Because of that he's impossible to eject from the chamber.

So the awesome auto-convert-upon-ejection gimmick simply doesn't work. If I was a kid I'd be pretty upset.

The arm articulation means the arms look weird if you want a normal vertical elbow bend. It limits your posing options a bit, as it stands out.

I noticed that the toy featured on the box photo has much longer grey arm stalk connectors than on the final product. A curious change.

I really don't like this figure very much. I regret this purchase.

I honestly can't remember the last Transformer I regretted buying. I tend to overlook a lot of flaws with figures, as I just display them and usually only transform them once or twice. I'm usually happy to have that representation of the character, even if I own other versions of the same basic modes.

Reading everyone's thoughts on FOC Soundwave, I'm kinda glad that I decided to pass him up.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Here's one method to make the disc eject better without using excessive force.

It's an alright toy, not bad, although not fantastic either.
    This rendition of Soundwave is more like a representation of his abilities and appearance, rather than something that can stand with other Foc/Wfc figures. It's more of a stand-alone figure which honestly, imho, doesn't look good standing next to other figures.
    A good display piece though, worth the 50 shmackaroos (on sale now for 40) and you are probably going to like it.
    He is more of a hit or miss. It really depends on what you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Classic G1 transformation sounds on conversion are an exception however
    This one knows the way of the force.

Finally opened my FoC soundwave tonight and had a play with it, not a bad figure at all. Very detailed and looks great in robot mode, shame we have not got the G1 gun? As depicted on the box and instructions, would look better if it had have came with it as his left hand has the pose for it. Alt mode is really nice and very easy transformation, does look a little boxy although I suppose this is because of the available space in his chest for the other discs. Have had no problems with the discs, are a little tight to get in but like all things if it is played with enough I think this will eventually become less of a problem.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I'm happy with him overall, though I still may get the Media Player version to be my default Soundwave in my display. The Auto eject doesnt work great, but i like the data disk, and the way that you can fit a couple of discs in there. i think Ill gt the Ravage/Rumble set if i can, but i wont worry about Frenzy and Ratbat. Ill also get Blaster i suspect.

Great value for $39
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.